320B AE bidding advice

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
All,
Converting to DTW 320B in Dec or Jan. My seniority is low 9000s.
We live near ATL, so I’m bidding Atl320B with no qualifiers first.

I’ve thought of bidding to MSP. They seem better staffed where I could drop a trip or 2, and lessen the commute. I’ve also thought of bidding NYC where I’d be senior.

it seems my seniority will be around 65% in DTW and MSP, but 35% in NYC.
I’m curious to get input on the pluses and minuses of commuting from Atl (if I have to) and working in those bases.
thanks.
Have you ever lived in base?

Have you ever commuted?
I’d rather be the plug in base than enjoy commuting to a top-half position. Ymmv
Quote: Have you ever lived in base?

Have you ever commuted?
yes I have lived in base.

yes I have commuted.
Quote: I’d rather be the plug in base than enjoy commuting to a top-half position. Ymmv
I agree. That’s why ATL is going number 1, but if I don’t get it I’m trying to think what will be the bet backup
NY trips sucks...doesn’t matter the seniority. They've been declining the las 3 years.

Most of the trips are early start/ late finish, early start/ early finish or late start/late finish. Very little commutable trips in both ends.

I was 30ish% Pre Covid and had to commute and spend at least 3 nights in NY per month. Now during Covid, I’m down to 80% and dealing with mostly day trips.
Quote: I agree. That’s why ATL is going number 1, but if I don’t get it I’m trying to think what will be the bet backup
when I was at my regional, I remember ATL-DTW being especially difficult at the time (2018-2019 time frame). Then again I only had S3Cs and could not reserve the jump seat

i know a few who did ATL-NYC who said it was easier, but from what I can tell the trips on the bus suck and you have to cover all 3 airports
Quote: when I was at my regional, I remember ATL-DTW being especially difficult at the time (2018-2019 time frame). Then again I only had S3Cs and could not reserve the jump seat

i know a few who did ATL-NYC who said it was easier, but from what I can tell the trips on the bus suck and you have to cover all 3 airports
The trips are complete garbage, but no EWR for quite a while. But...tomorrow is a new day
Quote: All,
Converting to DTW 320B in Dec or Jan. My seniority is low 9000s.
We live near ATL, so I’m bidding Atl320B with no qualifiers first.

I’ve thought of bidding to MSP. They seem better staffed where I could drop a trip or 2, and lessen the commute. I’ve also thought of bidding NYC where I’d be senior.

it seems my seniority will be around 65% in DTW and MSP, but 35% in NYC.
I’m curious to get input on the pluses and minuses of commuting from Atl (if I have to) and working in those bases.
thanks.

ATL-MSP is not an easy commute. I’d try to stay in a base where you live or go where you are the most senior. NYC 320 trips do begin early and end late a lot of the times and you’ll be spending plenty of time in Florida but you can’t beat being senior.
Move to MSP. We are short one snow shoveler.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to