Oct AE Question

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to
Already shot off an email to ALPA 2 days ago but no response yet.

I’m converting to UNA Nov 1st. I’d like to stay in ATL but I want to be MD off of UNA so I don’t have a seat lock.

My question is, should I AE preference a spot in ATL if I want to stay? My fear is if I only put MD then they’ll assign all ATL spots to people who volunteer first and then send me to NYC since that’s all that will be left.

Thanks for any insight and a for quicker response than ALPA.
I think an MD does you no good.
because they can’t MD unless they post Displacements
I thought coming off UNA there was no seat lock. I remember that being said for the September AE

side note, we do not incur a seat lock returning from furlough, correct? If so that will make their 220 training nightmare even worse
Put what you want on your AE. There is no seat lock for return from UNA. It was in a contract awareness bulletin and communication from BS with the last bid.
Quote: I think an MD does you no good.
because they can’t MD unless they post Displacements
edited a mid-spell
Quote: Put what you want on your AE. There is no seat lock for return from UNA. It was in a contract awareness bulletin and communication from BS with the last bid.
Excellent. Thanks
Quote: Put what you want on your AE. There is no seat lock for return from UNA. It was in a contract awareness bulletin and communication from BS with the last bid.
This ^^^^. It’s considered a proffer with no seat lock.

As a technicality, they also told us that you can’t displace from UNA because it’s considered a status and not a category (can’t displace from a status). So when you fill out your preferences in iCrew, be sure to fill them out under the AE section, vice displacement.

And if you’re interested in reinstatement, then definitely don’t forget to check the reinstatement box.
I have a question that I saw discussed last AE, but I can’t remember the answer.

I was displaced on the MOAD. I am converting to my new category in November and will have reinstatement rights until May. If I AE into another category on this AE, do I lose my reinstatement rights into my original category because of my seat lock or is the seat lock waived for a reinstatement?
Does checking the reinstatement box make that your highest bid priority by default? Or can you still bid another category as your first choice, followed by reinstatement to your old category second?
Quote: Does checking the reinstatement box make that your highest bid priority by default? Or can you still bid another category as your first choice, followed by reinstatement to your old category second?
I believe checking the box makes it the highest priority, but I’m not certain of that.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to