My Strawberry Patch

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Had a tough teleconference this morning, which made me sad, so I went outside to tend to my strawberry patch. Bumper crop!

Oh darn; I was hoping for something completely different.
Strawberries are my favorite; in almost everything:

milk [and milkshakes], ice cream, cream cheese... lol
What do you two boys have in mind? Keep it clean; we've got some very young kids on the forums.
Quote: Had a tough teleconference this morning, which made me sad, so I went outside to tend to my strawberry patch. Bumper crop!
How do you protct your berries from rabbits and squirrels? My son's plants have been keeping the critters very satisfied so far this year.

We were thinking of some type of mesh would do.

Thanks
fr8rcaptain, it must be a testament to how far I've sunk in life because where I live, I haven't seen a live rabbit or squirrel in my backyard since Neil Armstrong went to the moon.

My problem is beady-eyed crows that swoop in for the kill. I've heard that a simple mesh ought to do it. Either a fine one over the entire patch or chicken wire kind that is constructed over the patch. Here is someone's thoughts about another common strawberry problem.

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/h...44/berry-b.htm
Quote: Oh darn; I was hoping for something completely different.
Bingo, so I had to comment! I will say though that Vagabond has some great looking berries
Thanks! My berries not only look great, they taste great, too!
Quote: Thanks! My berries not only look great, they taste great, too!

Haha, forget about the young kids
Quote: Thanks! My berries not only look great, they taste great, too!

Where do I order?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to