Fun on your LGA Layover

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
For those of you who sit around the hotel at LGA or are too lazy to come into the city, one of NYC's best outdoor drinking venues is just around the corner from LGA.

Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden is located in Astoria, just adjacent to the entrance of the Tri-Borough Bridge.

Here's some general directions.

It's only a few dollars via cab from most of the LGA hotels or if you wanted, you can take the M60 from LGA (get off at Hoyt Ave and 31st St.).

No affiliation whatsoever...just a big fan of the garden!

Enjoy!

Tipsy
Yet Another Famous Old Pub
Even though its in Manhattan, a trip there wouldn't be the same without a visit to McSorley's on E. 7th and Cooper Square, (3rd ave).

Great place to drink 2 Guinness's at a time whilst dealing with rude Irish waiters in a standing room only bar.

Ah, heaven.

http://www.mcsorleysnewyork.com/

Quote: Great place to drink 2 Guinness's at a time whilst dealing with rude Irish waiters in a standing room only bar.

Ah, heaven.

http://www.mcsorleysnewyork.com/
Actually, McSorley's doesn't serve Guinness...only McSorley's Ale (light or dark).

But it's still worth a visit if you've never been.

Tipsy
I remember going into McSorley's several times but I don't ever seem to remember leaving!!!
The Hot mustard is great!
Great...now I'm going to be thinking about McSorley's all night. I love that place!
Quote: Actually, McSorley's doesn't serve Guinness...only McSorley's Ale (light or dark).

But it's still worth a visit if you've never been.

Tipsy
Oops, I guess I just ASSumed.

Cheers !!
Awesome. Thanks for the tips, guys. Keep 'em coming! :-p
[quote=TipsyMcStagger;173241]Actually, McSorley's doesn't serve Guinness...only McSorley's Ale (light or dark).

Did you attend beer schooling? How are you so schooled in the various beers served throughout the city. I'm not complaining though, as it was a pretty funny quip.
Quote: For those of you who sit around the hotel at LGA or are too lazy to come into the city, one of NYC's best outdoor drinking venues is just around the corner from LGA.

Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden is located in Astoria, just adjacent to the entrance of the Tri-Borough Bridge.

Here's some general directions.

It's only a few dollars via cab from most of the LGA hotels or if you wanted, you can take the M60 from LGA (get off at Hoyt Ave and 31st St.).

No affiliation whatsoever...just a big fan of the garden!

Enjoy!

Tipsy
I've visited the Beer Garden plenty of times, it's a czech place. A new one opened now which is by Kaufman studios in Astoria aswell, checked it out last time I was in NYC, not bad.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to