PDX places to live

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Where are the best places to live within a 2 hour drive of PDX? No kids (may change), love to hike, walk the dog, mountain bike, golf, and sail. Thanks in advance.
I hear CHAZ is nice this time of year!
Quote: Where are the best places to live within a 2 hour drive of PDX? No kids (may change), love to hike, walk the dog, mountain bike, golf, and sail. Thanks in advance.
You might consider posting this question over in the Horizon thread as well.
Quote: I hear CHAZ is nice this time of year!
Or on the other forum, you'll probably get more mature responses than this one there
Anywhere on the Washington side. PDX is basically Vancouver. Portland is a 12 mile drive through ugly traffic the other way.
2-hr drive gives you a lot of options. Consider the Columbia Gorge.. Hood River, or even better, across the river from Hood River on the WA side. Lots of hiking and river activities, skiing too.
We live near Hockinson, WA (unincorporated Clark County), we love our neighborhood. We have to drive a ways to go hiking, however.
Oregon has some lovely little towns SW of Portland (McMinnville area).
Obviously WA has two advantages: no state income tax and easy to get to the airport.
In Washington. Shop in Portland. Live in Washington.
Anywhere in the Columbia river gorge would be me vote. About 90 minutes to PDX.
In Oregon, look in the Boring/Sandy/Welches area on the foothills to Mt Hood. Close to all those activities and skiing during the winter. Less than an hour to PDX, great area to raise a family. Oregon has no sales tax but uses property and income taxes to make up the difference.
When I worked for AS and was PDX based, we lived in Hood River/ White Salmon. Killer single track on both sides of the river and the town is rad. Check it out. Go see Rafe at Mountain View Cycles. Tell him his Hong Kong buddy sent you. He’ll get you dialed in.
enjoy.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to