Another 737 Crash in Indonesia

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: Is it an un-annunciated rollback if the other thrust lever is at max thrust and other at idle? Also the A/T disconnected which (I believe?) causes a bell or a whistle.
Apparently the CTSM failed to disconnect the A/T in a timely manner. So no indications other than lever position.

Quote: All they had to do is push the thrust lever up.
Yes. But presumably they fixated on the attitude problem.
Quote: Apparently the CTSM failed to disconnect the A/T in a timely manner. So no indications other than lever position.

Yes. But presumably they fixated on the attitude problem.
But they screwed that one up too.

"aircraft rolled to the left at an angle of more than 45° with an accompanying by EGPWS bank angle alert. The left roll was further exacerbated by left roll pilot commands."

The previous flights and the simulator testing showed the plane could be flown out of it using just the ailerons.
They did nothing right. In the report they interviewed all the previous crews who had this happen, and most of them didn't even remember it happening because it was such a non-event. No-one even filed an asap for it likely because they didn't think it was anywhere close on being a threat to safety. Somehow these clowns ended up with a near-vertical dive at almost 500kts(over 80 degree pitch angle). The FO was completely useless as well, all he said was "captain, captain, captain".
Quote: https://knkt.go.id/Repo/Files/Lapora...nal-Report.pdf
Thanks! I couldn’t find it on the KNKT site when I checked.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to