Hiring

Subscribe
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 23 of 25
Go to
Quote: I was days away from getting the invite last March when COVID hit. I got the invite about 3 weeks ago and it sounds like I was among a few who had interviews canceled last year.
Sorry, I’ve been out of the hiring loop for a while now and I’m genuinely not trying to sound like a “Richard”. I’m honestly curious. How does one know that they are “days away” from receiving an invite?
Quote: Has anyone heard of anyone receiving an interview invite who had not been in the system or contacted by Frontier pre-covid? Or are they still working through those applicants?
Yes they have interviewed guys that applied post COVID.
Quote: Sorry, I’ve been out of the hiring loop for a while now and I’m genuinely not trying to sound like a “Richard”. I’m honestly curious. How does one know that they are “days away” from receiving an invite?
I didn’t think it was a big deal, but I guess I should’ve put, “as I understood it, I was days away from getting an invite.”

A few of my friends who work there knew people in recruiting and told me that it looked more than promising that I was getting a call. Take it for what it’s worth.....
Quote: I didn’t think it was a big deal, but I guess I should’ve put, “as I understood it, I was days away from getting an invite.”

A few of my friends who work there knew people in recruiting and told me that it looked more than promising that I was getting a call. Take it for what it’s worth.....
Makes sense, thanks. Congrats on the invite!
Quote: I’m former RPA as well. Been here over 5 years and definitely have no regrets! It’s night and day better.
Congrats! I’m also with RPA, taking a serious look at Frontier. I’m in the Philly area and I was wondering how big PHL is going to be for Frontier. Is this airport a serious long term thing for them? Are they going to grow that Pilot base?

You’ll understand my concern, being at RPA and such (they closed 3 bases in less than 1 year)
never ever ever choose an airline based on their base. People come to frontier for the culture, growth, QOL, etc... bases come and go...
Quote: never ever ever choose an airline based on their base. People come to frontier for the culture, growth, QOL, etc... bases come and go...
Fair point no doubt. But I would bet a lot of money that Frontier continues to operate the MCO & LAS bases until past my retirement date. The rest of our domiciles I wouldn't bet big money on
As a corporate guy on the fence about jumping to 121 bases are a big part of the QOL improvement. The big thing for me is the prospect of not having to commute my whole career. I started getting interested in F9 after commuting a lot on you guys and noticing how everyone I interacted with had such a good positive vibe. The recent base announcement and getting one of the bases in ny hometown kicked that interest into overdrive. I understand it may change but having both commuted and lived in base, I think it's definitely a big QOL factor to consider when looking at going to 121
Quote: Fair point no doubt. But I would bet a lot of money that Frontier continues to operate the MCO & LAS bases until past my retirement date. The rest of our domiciles I wouldn't bet big money on
Yeah DEN may close any day now! I know what you meant but couldn’t resist getting the old guard riled up.

As a counter to your point though, if F9 was going to start closing bases they could’ve done so already with Chicago. It’s against their low-cost mantra to go paying moving benefits for 100’s of flight crew so I don’t see us closing bases all willy-nilly. Now if we truly go the way of G4 and start opening bases in Timbuktu and East Bumblef#+k with 8 crews at each base then I’d say it was more possible.
I think that having a ton of small bases sounds like a great idea but it's not so great in practice.

Reserve coverage, sick calls, fatigue calls, vacation coverage are all more difficult to manage with small bases.

I'm sure there is a minimum base size that makes sense but I don't know how small that is
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 23 of 25
Go to