what kind of work were you doing at 10 hrs

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
The infamous "When did you solo?" Ground reference manuevers and takeoff/landing
I was doing x countrys
could've been applying at psa
I was in the same boat as Xcal...I started training at 13. I'd have to look at my logbook, but I know we did pattern work for the first few flights...then went out and did the stalls, slow flight, etc. I was willing to pay for the cross country flights, so we did that kind of stuff. May have cost a little more in the long run, but it was worth it...and we did a lot of instrument work at the same time. Definitely no regrets. Most students (above age 16) are still in the pattern and in the practice area finishing up pre solo work. Don't get yourself worked up over where you are at 10 hours...there are so many factors that play into it. Weather, time, money, etc. Not everyone aces landings at first, they are difficult and it takes some people longer to grasp them. Have fun while doing it, that's what counts.

TX, no kidding...:-D 10 hours? You can breathe? Sure you can fly this jet.
Last pattern flight before the first solo.

-Ben
10 hours in a week vs. 10 hours in a month. This can make a big difference on where you are at in training.
1st solo away from the pattern. I was my instructor's first student, he was more nervous than I was i think!
Pattern/local manuevers I had the "Bad Weather" bug and the worst flight slot.(7:30am, lots of fog)
Just checked the logbook, my 10th hour was my first solo!
I was getting ready for my first duel cross country.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to