MOAD Displacement (some) cancelled 2/18

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Per BS memo dated 2/18 in the email this morning, some of the displacements will be cancelled.

How does this work?
Well.. I mean.. It sounds like they will contact the approximately 130 impacted pilots this week to give them 30-days’ notice.
Curious what someone’s March schedule will now look like if they were scheduled for displacement training.
Quote: Well.. I mean.. It sounds like they will contact the approximately 130 impacted pilots this week to give them 30-days’ notice.
Good answer.

I mean, does this affect more than just the 130? There are a lot of guys that got displaced and now the company just up and cancels 'some' of them?

Is this going to help with the summer staffing? Is this going to help with the training backup on some/all of the NB fleets? (cause some of the NQ and NQATs to get bounces or training?)

I was asking more for the cause-and-effect discussion. I love to hear what folks think. I didn't mean this to be a 'drop-grenade-and-leave' post. I apologize if it came across that way.
Quote: Curious what someone’s March schedule will now look like if they were scheduled for displacement training.

Per the email it looks like March training is still happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Per the email it looks like March training is still happening
Doesn’t March training=April conversion? (44X not until April 6)
Quote: Doesn’t March training=April conversion? (44X not until April 6)
Conversion date set by company. It isn’t the date of your 44X. Many convert before the start of training.
Quote: Good answer.

I mean, does this affect more than just the 130? There are a lot of guys that got displaced and now the company just up and cancels 'some' of them?

Is this going to help with the summer staffing? Is this going to help with the training backup on some/all of the NB fleets? (cause some of the NQ and NQATs to get bounces or training?)

I was asking more for the cause-and-effect discussion. I love to hear what folks think. I didn't mean this to be a 'drop-grenade-and-leave' post. I apologize if it came across that way.
They’re selling it as they need those guys for summer. I think they really need to keep them now so they have some to displace on the next big big therefore allowing a 365 day window.
Quote: Conversion date set by company. It isn’t the date of your 44X. Many convert before the start of training.
Gotcha. Given that March conversions are posted, I’m guessing it’s safe to assume that I’m still impacted and curious what, if any, obligation I have for the March bid period beyond the 4 on call days on my schedule.
Quote: Gotcha. Given that March conversions are posted, I’m guessing it’s safe to assume that I’m still impacted and curious what, if any, obligation I have for the March bid period beyond the 4 on call days on my schedule.
iCrew->Personnel->Conversion/Base info

Check here and you can see if you’ve converted and at what date. If you haven’t, expect a CR phone call in the coming days.
If your displacement is cancelled, you revert to you old/current category. I can’t remember off hand what the contract says as to your obligation, probably your choice of a blank line or reserve.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to