Choose Wisely

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: You’re right that large RJ’s are pretty well scoped out until contracts come up. However, we have some airplanes about to come on the line that are getting reconfigured with 65 seats that could be limitless under American scope. Seems like they’re testing the waters at the moment with the plan, but it could end up being American’s version of the 550. Both of those fleets might not make sense with expensive oil, but it might not be the doom and gloom you’re portraying
I read this a lot on here. And even if it’s true, the reality is that if RAH hires, people will come. Because a commute to NY is better than unemployment.
Quote: You’re right that large RJ’s are pretty well scoped out until contracts come up. However, we have some airplanes about to come on the line that are getting reconfigured with 65 seats that could be limitless under American scope. Seems like they’re testing the waters at the moment with the plan, but it could end up being American’s version of the 550. Both of those fleets might not make sense with expensive oil, but it might not be the doom and gloom you’re portraying
This isn’t right. Those planes are definitely limited by scope as well.
Quote: This isn’t right. Those planes are definitely limited by scope as well.
From my limited skill of reading comprehension I read it as 50-65 seats is unlimited. 66+ seats is limited to 40% of the narrowbody fleet. Am I wrong?
Quote: From my limited skill of reading comprehension I read it as 50-65 seats is unlimited. 66+ seats is limited to 40% of the narrowbody fleet. Am I wrong?
Yes. RJs as a whole are limited to 75% of narrow body fleet. “Large” RJs (66-76 seats) are limited to 40% of the narrowbody fleet.
Has there been any new base rumors? Would really like to gtfo of NY...
Quote: Has there been any new base rumors? Would really like to gtfo of NY...
Recently heard from a sim instructor that he’s been hearing ATL again. From my understanding it was basically a sure thing before COVID hit. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Quote: Recently heard from a sim instructor that he’s been hearing ATL again. From my understanding it was basically a sure thing before COVID hit. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Yeah ATL and CLT have been the popular ones lately. Contractually, we should already have a crew room at CLT based on the number of departures.
Quote: Yeah ATL and CLT have been the popular ones lately. Contractually, we should already have a crew room at CLT based on the number of departures.
I was expecting CLT opening to immediately follow the MIA closing announcement. Since they went ahead with the displacements and the costs involved, I don’t see anything opening for a long time.
Quote: Recently heard from a sim instructor that he’s been hearing ATL again. From my understanding it was basically a sure thing before COVID hit. I’ll believe it when I see it.
RAH had like 5 flights a day out of ATL before Covid. ATL base would make way more sense now that it would have then.
Quote: I was expecting CLT opening to immediately follow the MIA closing announcement. Since they went ahead with the displacements and the costs involved, I don’t see anything opening for a long time.
This. Bedford literally said his vision for Republic is a niche regional in the northeast. What you see is what you get with Republic. Outstations and NY. The fact that ZERO vacancies were posted in Chicago after Miami closed even tho the flying keeps increasing there should tell anyone everything they need to know about that airline. With other regionals starting to hire now idk why any of our furloughed guys and gals are hanging around. We’ve heard NOTHING from management. It’s actually pathetic at this point. I hate to be this pessimistic, but at this point I think it’s just reality.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to