DEN/SLC/BIL/RNO/BOI Commutes?

Subscribe
I would love to work for UPS and live in the Rockies. I was wondering what the easier gateways are to use of those I listed?

Any other Mountain West commuters that jumpseat to SDF from non-gateways that want to share their experience? I'm guessing smaller places like Durango, Jackson, or Kalispell are going to be exceedingly difficult and stressful?

Thank you.
You could consider GEG , I think it’s a UPS “gateway” now? I believe AMF shifted their ops there from BFI. You could drive in from northern Idaho or even Montana.
Quote: I would love to work for UPS and live in the Rockies. I was wondering what the easier gateways are to use of those I listed?

Any other Mountain West commuters that jumpseat to SDF from non-gateways that want to share their experience? I'm guessing smaller places like Durango, Jackson, or Kalispell are going to be exceedingly difficult and stressful?

Thank you.
All the cities you listed in the title are cities that both SDF and ONT serve with UPS aircraft and least 4 or more nights/days a week. Denver would prob be the easiest as it has the most flights out of those listed. Shouldn't be a problem at all getting to SDF or ONT from any of those cities. Yes, Durango, and the others would be a very tough, but doable commute.
If you want to live in a city without a UPS gateway there is usually a feeder carrier like Ameriflight that connects the small town to the mainline UPS gateway. They do allow jumpseaters. I use this technique living in a small Michigan city that feeds into Lansing, then jumping to SDF on us.
Do your research about BIL, crime and city shenanigans is at an all time high currently...

Lots of UPS flights though.

source: have family and a couple friends that live there.
Thanks for the input. I didn't realize jumpseats were available on feeder carriers also. That could open up some options for sure.
Be careful with airports served by Alpine as a feeder, we cannot Jumpseat on them and they’re all over MT/WY/UT/ND/SD. It’s much lower stress if you’re within driving distance of an actual gateway served by our airplanes. Plenty of people here drive 2-3 hours to a gateway to commute to work.
Quote: Be careful with airports served by Alpine as a feeder, we cannot Jumpseat on them and they’re all over MT/WY/UT/ND/SD. It’s much lower stress if you’re within driving distance of an actual gateway served by our airplanes. Plenty of people here drive 2-3 hours to a gateway to commute to work.
Good to know thank you.