Anosmia post covid?

Subscribe
Anybody lost their smell/taste post Covid19 and subsequently have a problem with their medical? There has to have been at least a few pilots who temporarily lost their smell, I'm curious if the inability to perhaps smell a fuel leak or other noxious gasses could lead to a denial of a Class 1. I cut and pasted this out of the FAA medical guidance: "Anosmia is at least noteworthy in that the airman should be made fully aware of the significance of the handicap in flying (inability to receive early warning of gas spills, oil leaks, or smoke). Further evaluation may be warranted."
Anybody ever been asked to do a smell or taste test on a First Class medical?
Quote: Anybody ever been asked to do a smell or taste test on a First Class medical?
Yeah, it's not a DQ condition so it will *probably* be fine. The AME should simply remind you that you're missing olfactory cues like the book says
Quote: Yeah, it's not a DQ condition so it will *probably* be fine. The AME should simply remind you that you're missing olfactory cues like the book says
My dog reminds me of that about every third bush ...
"Anybody ever been asked to do a smell or taste test on a First Class medical?"

I literally only read what tired soul posts. this is how you enjoy apc. life is good.
Quote: "Anybody ever been asked to do a smell or taste test on a First Class medical?"

I literally only read what tired soul posts. this is how you enjoy apc. life is good.
Well thank you kindly, that made me blush.
As long as you can still smell BS I think you’re fine.
Quote: Well thank you kindly, that made me blush.
As long as you can still smell BS I think you’re fine.
Valid point.

I've had 2 fume incidents in the past month so I'm probably a little overtuned to the subject.