Question that boggles me

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote: Yes we do have scope and this little amount is allowed under the scope clause. We are only talking 4 airframes.
It is NOT allowed under the Scope clause, that is why we are eventually going to receive some $$.
Quote: Because as a group we aren't unified and are a bunch of yes men and women.
Or could it be, we as a group don't get a vote.
That FedEx doesn't come to the Union and say, hey, we're thinking we need to wetlease some extra lift...what do you guys think? What cities should we contract for?
Quote: It is NOT allowed under the Scope clause, that is why we are eventually going to receive some $$.
If it wasn’t allowed it would be a grievance. Our contract allows it but at a payment penalty. I guess its a play on words.
Quote: It is NOT allowed under the Scope clause, that is why we are eventually going to receive some $$.
We had the exact same scenario (literally the exact same company on our ramp) a couple years ago, but our scope clause flat forbids UPS cargo on non-IPA flown aircraft that have a cargo capacity in excess of roughly 14,000lbs. We grieved it and the arbitrator set a timeline (legally binding) for kicking them off property and directed a penalty payment to the IPA pilots that doubled the expense for the company. Hopefully, you guys get a similar result. Nobody wins if either of our companies starts subbing out our work to the lowest bidder.
Quote: We had the exact same scenario (literally the exact same company on our ramp) a couple years ago, but our scope clause flat forbids UPS cargo on non-IPA flown aircraft that have a cargo capacity in excess of roughly 14,000lbs. We grieved it and the arbitrator set a timeline (legally binding) for kicking them off property and directed a penalty payment to the IPA pilots that doubled the expense for the company. Hopefully, you guys get a similar result. Nobody wins if either of our companies starts subbing out our work to the lowest bidder.
We have scope language based on weight just like UPS. In certain situations they can use limited outside airplanes.

"All Domestic and International revenue flights conducted with aircraft
that are owned, leased, or operated by the Company, having a MTOGW
of greater than 60,000 lbs., and operated pursuant to the Company’s
Airline Operating Certificate or any additional Part 121 Airline Operating
Certificate obtained by the Company, shall be operated by pilots on
the Federal Express Master Seniority List in accordance with the terms
of the Agreement."

Is that $$ from a grievance settlement or arbitration?
Any word on when that meager check will be paid out? Thought I recalled the Union talking about it awhile ago.
There's a lot of FedEx flying in the most recent Atlas bid pack on the 74. I hope you guys will get paid more for it instead of the peanuts they throw at us. The system is broke for sure. It'd be better if our groups were unified enough and worked together to stop it. Especially in this time of record profits for cargo carriers, big business tax breaks, and cares act money. We could all unify and fix it.
Quote: There's a lot of FedEx flying in the most recent Atlas bid pack on the 74. I hope you guys will get paid more for it instead of the peanuts they throw at us. The system is broke for sure. It'd be better if our groups were unified enough and worked together to stop it. Especially in this time of record profits for cargo carriers, big business tax breaks, and cares act money. We could all unify and fix it.

Tell Fred to buy Atlas!
Quote: Is that $$ from a grievance settlement or arbitration?
Neither, it's contractual.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to