Leave OO for G7

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Would you leave SkyWest as the most junior captain (sitting at the airport for 8 hours every day on reserve) to go to G7 as DEC?

Pros and cons?
Quote: Would you leave SkyWest as the most junior captain (sitting at the airport for 8 hours every day on reserve) to go to G7 as DEC?

Pros and cons?
What are your ultimate goals? How would being a DEC at G7 with less seniority than all current CAs and FOs help you with meeting those goals?

From here it looks like you’d be giving up seniority and taking a cut in pay to take an equally crappy situation elsewhere.
Quote: Would you leave SkyWest as the most junior captain (sitting at the airport for 8 hours every day on reserve) to go to G7 as DEC?

Pros and cons?
why would you ever do that? If you are already a CA at OO that means you have a few years seniority and you would let that go to be the plug captain at G7 for a few years at least.

i can only see 2 reasons, you could either live in base at G7 or you care about AVIATE. But other than that, you don’t leave one company for the other because you are tired of reserve. As a DEC you will be the plug until FOs in classes after you have upgraded.
Makes no sense unless you live 10 ten minutes from the G7 junior domicile and cannot move anywhere else.

Also if you end up stuck at a regional, OO is better than G7 in that regard for job stability if nothing else (recall that Hulas just euthanized ALL of the other ponies in his regional stable).

Sometimes us pilot personalities tend to feel stagnant in a seniority-induced situation and feel the need to DO something, anything. Sometimes you need to resist that temptation. Try to become a LCA or sim instructor instead.

Pros and cons?

Just remember as FOs senior to you upgrade you’ll get bumped down further. You’re trading one evil for another.

Pros and cons?
you should be drug tested ASAP
Just stick it out.. starting over. Another long training event... wasted time. 8hr ready will end soon as the movement happens this fall at OO.. i left on regional for another. Should have just stayed and tried for a major/LLC faster.. probably cost me 2 years in that aspect..
Don't do it
As a former Trans States pilot, I would heavily advise you to stay away. G7 is run by a lot of the same clowns that ran Trans States and it was no picnic working there. It had the most toxic management relations of any company I've ever interacted with. I'd rather be a bartender than work for Hulas Kanodia ever again. I actually left TSA for OO before Continental picked me up and while starting over at OO wasn't very palatable after a couple years at TSA, it was better than the dumpster fire that TSA was. Some people will tell you that it's better than it used to be, but the problems at TSA went all the way to the top and you'd be signing up to deal with the same people.
Quote: As a former Trans States pilot, I would heavily advise you to stay away. G7 is run by a lot of the same clowns that ran Trans States and it was no picnic working there. It had the most toxic management relations of any company I've ever interacted with. I'd rather be a bartender than work for Hulas Kanodia ever again. I actually left TSA for OO before Continental picked me up and while starting over at OO wasn't very palatable after a couple years at TSA, it was better than the dumpster fire that TSA was. Some people will tell you that it's better than it used to be, but the problems at TSA went all the way to the top and you'd be signing up to deal with the same people.
Continental? Really? So at least 10 years ago…
Quote: Continental? Really? So at least 10 years ago…
Nothings changed.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to