Red Eye Tips

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 9 of 14
Go to
Just stayed in a hotel that had a Dohm sounds machine. I’d never seen one before, but it did a great job (along with ear plugs) of drowning out traffic and hallway noise during the day. It has a fan or something that makes a steady, dull white noise. I ordered one as soon as I got up from my nap. Also got a smaller Rohm unit that works well too. I ordered the “Uno” that seems to be more cheaply made than the version the hotel had, but still works for home. I’ve tried using my phone to play sleep sounds in the past, but the looping/skipping often wakes me up. With Dohm, it’s just one long, consistent noise.
Quote: Just stayed in a hotel that had a Dohm sounds machine. I’d never seen one before, but it did a great job (along with ear plugs) of drowning out traffic and hallway noise during the day. It has a fan or something that makes a steady, dull white noise. I ordered one as soon as I got up from my nap. Also got a smaller Rohm unit that works well too. I ordered the “Uno” that seems to be more cheaply made than the version the hotel had, but still works for home. I’ve tried using my phone to play sleep sounds in the past, but the looping/skipping often wakes me up. With Dohm, it’s just one long, consistent noise.
Lol yeah I had one of those when my kids were infants. Just blank, continuous, white noise works like a champ!
How often do you all show up to a hotel after a red eye and the hotel room isn’t ready? And if this is a common enough problem, are you legacy or ulcc? I’ve always blamed it on the hotel, but curious if it’s a booking issue on the airlines end.
Quote: How often do you all show up to a hotel after a red eye and the hotel room isn’t ready? And if this is a common enough problem, are you legacy or ulcc? I’ve always blamed it on the hotel, but curious if it’s a booking issue on the airlines end.
Rare (legacy). Probably not an airline issue if you're flying a line (or somebody else's line) since those are pre-booked well in advance and crew hotels know they need to accommodate proper check-in times. For IROPS or reserve positioning, yeah there might be issues due to the last-minute nature... but even that will be common only if you put up with it, enough 117 and fatigue calls and the company will get the message.
Quote: How often do you all show up to a hotel after a red eye and the hotel room isn’t ready? And if this is a common enough problem, are you legacy or ulcc? I’ve always blamed it on the hotel, but curious if it’s a booking issue on the airlines end.
While not red eyes per se, I’ve had days end at 8 AM before and it’s never been an issue.
I've twice been given a room with someone in it on red-eyes. Nothing like getting in at 7am after flying all night and walking in on someone and having to deal with all that entails.
Quote: I've twice been given a room with someone in it on red-eyes. Nothing like getting in at 7am after flying all night and walking in on someone and having to deal with all that entails.
Kind of like landing in an occupied runway.
Quote: I've twice been given a room with someone in it on red-eyes. Nothing like getting in at 7am after flying all night and walking in on someone and having to deal with all that entails.
Which is why I always, ALWAYS, deadbolt my door. Yeah, it’s a safety thing also, but really it saves the awkwardness and inconvenience of having someone barge in and turn on the light when I’m sleeping.
Quote: Which is why I always, ALWAYS, deadbolt my door. Yeah, it’s a safety thing also, but really it saves the awkwardness and inconvenience of having someone barge in and turn on the light when I’m sleeping.
Yup.
Quote: Which is why I always, ALWAYS, deadbolt my door. Yeah, it’s a safety thing also, but really it saves the awkwardness and inconvenience of having someone barge in and turn on the light when I’m sleeping.
I leave it open, nuts out, enter at your own risk.

Tired of housekeepers knocking and coming in? Put on those meaty clackers on display and they will double check that check out sheet before knocking
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 9 of 14
Go to