Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > SkyWest
United's 270 aircraft order >

United's 270 aircraft order

Notices
SkyWest Regional Airline

United's 270 aircraft order

Old 07-06-2021, 03:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Yeah tell this story.

Also if SGU is reading I’m an Emirates FA and I love Chip if I knew who that is which of course how could I.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by brockenspectre View Post
OK, how do you know?
A few years back we had a situation which you might say involved inflight safety. I posted a very cryptic suggestion that referenced that situation. Other posters then took that, ran with it, and posted the details of said situation, so that within a few hours of my post, anyone could learn the details of what had happened. However, my post contained no details, no identifying information about me, nor did it directly state that said situation had actually occurred.

It took less than 12 hours from the time I made that post for my phone to ring. It was a very, very, very senior executive at our company, and I think he'd have been less infuriated if I'd gotten his underage daughter in a family way, so to speak. I won't discuss how the situation was resolved, but suffice it to say: if domino actually works here (and 10X if he's one of our clueless FO ground instructors), all it takes is one phone call to have his identity divulged. You have no privacy, and APC will do nothing to keep your identity private.

SGU, like many airline HQs, has people whose sole job it is to monitor the Internet for employee postings. I learned this the hard way.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
A few years back we had a situation which you might say involved inflight safety. I posted a very cryptic suggestion that referenced that situation. Other posters then took that, ran with it, and posted the details of said situation, so that within a few hours of my post, anyone could learn the details of what had happened. However, my post contained no details, no identifying information about me, nor did it directly state that said situation had actually occurred.

It took less than 12 hours from the time I made that post for my phone to ring. It was a very, very, very senior executive at our company, and I think he'd have been less infuriated if I'd gotten his underage daughter in a family way, so to speak. I won't discuss how the situation was resolved, but suffice it to say: if domino actually works here (and 10X if he's one of our clueless FO ground instructors), all it takes is one phone call to have his identity divulged. You have no privacy, and APC will do nothing to keep your identity private.

SGU, like many airline HQs, has people whose sole job it is to monitor the Internet for employee postings. I learned this the hard way.

Were you the only one getting a call? How about the rest who posted all the details?
Old 07-06-2021, 11:10 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2021

That’s something, because we just had an APC moderator recently encouraging said person to give the details to an incident that was meant as private information for employees only.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:20 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Claxstarr View Post
Ok that makes more sense, thanks for the clarification.
Smaller regional/larger mainline presence means more jobs more to the other side of the ledger which I don’t think anyone would have a problem with.
Except the regional lifers who can’t or don’t want to leave . Now many of them may be forced to do something different, update their resumes and log books , brush up on interview skills .Something many of them probably haven’t done in a decade or two.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by TFAYD View Post
Were you the only one getting a call? How about the rest who posted all the details?
No idea... I didn't ask and I'm sure they wouldn't have told me...
Old 07-13-2021, 05:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
Except the regional lifers who can’t or don’t want to leave . Now many of them may be forced to do something different, update their resumes and log books , brush up on interview skills .Something many of them probably haven’t done in a decade or two.
lifers at Skywest will always be ok, so many people moving on that even with shrinkage, the lifers will be with a job. 20 years from now though it could all be different.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

You don’t use your actual real email and personal info under you APC account details do you…?
Old 07-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Porco Rosso

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
You don’t use your actual real email and personal info under you APC account details do you…?
Most people don't, but somewhere in that post history, some detail will slip that outs a person.

This is why all the posters on here who are applying or who have CJOs really need to stop posting a detailed timeline of when they applied, when they got interviewed, and what class they're in. Companies (and not just OO) track that stuff. It can bite someone later if they make the company mad.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Probably an insider job.