DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
45  95  135  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  155  195  245 
Page 145 of 497
Go to
Can someone please direct me to an earlier poste I missed or PM me how the new interview process goes on the day. I tried searching some terms and browsed through maybe over half of this thread but wasn't able to find a comprehensive description of how the day goes. There were multiple very helpful posts about the online assessment but unfortunately not for the interview day itself that I came across. I saw mention of hotel options and getting there submitting the paperwork etc. Appreciate any help.
Is it necessary to shave a light beard and wear any formal attire for the online assessment?
Quote: Is it necessary to shave a light beard and wear any formal attire for the online assessment?
Be professional, shave the beard and wear some nice clothes.

They are watching your trough the camera.
Quote: Be professional, shave the beard and wear some nice clothes.

I’d say the better approach is to treat it as though they’re watching you via your camera, because they might be. I inadvertently had a window close out during the multi-tasking portion and dropped a reflexive expletive or two. Wore a decent polo shirt as I was on a trip and couldn’t bring a suit. Got the job. Why leave anything to chance when it comes to a career destination?
Quote: Be professional, shave the beard and wear some nice clothes.

My intuition thought so.
Quote: I’d say the better approach is to treat it as though they’re watching you via your camera, because they might be. I inadvertently had a window close out during the multi-tasking portion and dropped a reflexive expletive or two. Wore a decent polo shirt as I was on a trip and couldn’t bring a suit. Got the job. Why leave anything to chance when it comes to a career destination?
I have it on good authority from WildBlue that they wore Spirit branded underwear and the ubiquitous sleeveless white under shirt. Got through the assessment without any issue apparently.

Seriously though. I was in a hotel room on an overnight and wore some basic casual clothes. You aren't actively being watched. Just don't have anyone in the room with you. You'll only be seen if you or something in your room triggers it, in which case the event might get reviewed.
DL Hiring: New Process
Quote: Is it necessary to shave a light beard and wear any formal attire for the online assessment?

Way over thinking it. I took it sitting at my dining table in wearing what I woke up in. My 12 year old daughter looked over my shoulder as I took a portion or two to see what I was doing. Legit took a 15 minute break to make some coffee in between a couple of the tests.

The people “watching you” are third party test proctors. That is all.
Somewhere in the mid 2000s era I can remember as a young stupid 22 something revenue passenger getting into a heated verbal argument with a Delta gate agent or the like. I remember at the time the gate agent stating she would be filing an “incident report” or the like, and that if this continued I could be banned from flying Delta in the future. There was no physical altercation, no police were called, wasn’t denied boarding, or anything of the like. Does this incident report still exist 15 years later? As I am applying for regionals should I avoid applying for any regional or mainline Delta that touches the Delta computer system? What I don’t want to happen is an old and buried report being dug up, and causing FAA/employment issues in the future. I have a completely clean record otherwise, no criminal record whatsoever.
Quote: Somewhere in the mid 2000s era I can remember as a young stupid 22 something revenue passenger getting into a heated verbal argument with a Delta gate agent or the like. I remember at the time the gate agent stating she would be filing an “incident report” or the like, and that if this continued I could be banned from flying Delta in the future. There was no physical altercation, no police were called, wasn’t denied boarding, or anything of the like. Does this incident report still exist 15 years later? As I am applying for regionals should I avoid applying for any regional or mainline Delta that touches the Delta computer system? What I don’t want to happen is an old and buried report being dug up, and causing FAA/employment issues in the future. I have a completely clean record otherwise, no criminal record whatsoever.
Try buying a fully refundable ticket and see if any flags pop up.
Quote: Somewhere in the mid 2000s era I can remember as a young stupid 22 something revenue passenger getting into a heated verbal argument with a Delta gate agent or the like. I remember at the time the gate agent stating she would be filing an “incident report” or the like, and that if this continued I could be banned from flying Delta in the future. There was no physical altercation, no police were called, wasn’t denied boarding, or anything of the like. Does this incident report still exist 15 years later? As I am applying for regionals should I avoid applying for any regional or mainline Delta that touches the Delta computer system? What I don’t want to happen is an old and buried report being dug up, and causing FAA/employment issues in the future. I have a completely clean record otherwise, no criminal record whatsoever.
I doubt she ever filed a report and if you were not denied boarding it’s a non issue. Forget about it.
45  95  135  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  155  195  245 
Page 145 of 497
Go to