DL Hiring: New Process >

DL Hiring: New Process

Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 02-05-2022, 08:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
Did those 3 women..... avg age, hours flown, and positions held, exceed the avg, meet the average, or below the average for the class? Curious minds and all. How about some facts before insinuations to attempt to prove your political view?

Do you have any? My military pilot training class had 50 graduates...1 was a woman, 1 was black. My Delta class had 0 Blacks and 0 women. Delta predominately hired military back then. So, my info is dated, but is at least a data point. Whatcha got?

BTW...currently the USAF active pilots are 94% men. There is a current data point

And another data point....1.6% are Black of USAF pilots
He/she is trolling again, trying to make this a political thread.

A5S
Old 02-05-2022, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by All 5 Stages View Post
He/she is trolling again, trying to make this a political thread.

A5S
there’s nothing by political about men being left aside to make room for AA hires
Old 02-05-2022, 11:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Did those 3 women..... avg age, hours flown, and positions held, exceed the avg, meet the average, or below the average for the class? Curious minds and all. How about some facts before insinuations to attempt to prove your political view?

Do you have any? My military pilot training class had 50 graduates...1 was a woman, 1 was black. My Delta class had 0 Blacks and 0 women. Delta predominately hired military back then. So, my info is dated, but is at least a data point. Whatcha got?

BTW...currently the USAF active pilots are 94% men. There is a current data point

And another data point....1.6% are Black of USAF pilots
Good grief Buck......
Old 02-05-2022, 01:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by MJP27 View Post
Good grief Buck......
Hey dipstick. I am not the one that started the political angle. I had what I thought were relevant questions and data points to give perspective to Oofff's divisiveness. I have a friend who's daughter is applying for a legacy job and we were discussing this type of thing a couple of weeks ago. He was curious about the stats. So, do you have something definitive to add that I might be able to pass along to him? I have military stuff from me that is dated, but I supplement it with military stuff from my kids which is up to date. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the woman/minority/civilian insight.

The problem we were discussing also included the aspect that division politics can usurp the benefits of diversity IF people think there are different rules for different sectors of applicants. military vice civilian is a logical division. Skin color or sex isn't (IMHO)

But hey, you do you. Never let an opportunity to be offended go to waste.
Old 02-05-2022, 02:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Hey dipstick. I am not the one that started the political angle. I had what I thought were relevant questions and data points to give perspective to Oofff's divisiveness. I have a friend who's daughter is applying for a legacy job and we were discussing this type of thing a couple of weeks ago. He was curious about the stats. So, do you have something definitive to add that I might be able to pass along to him? I have military stuff from me that is dated, but I supplement it with military stuff from my kids which is up to date. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the woman/minority/civilian insight.

The problem we were discussing also included the aspect that division politics can usurp the benefits of diversity IF people think there are different rules for different sectors of applicants. military vice civilian is a logical division. Skin color or sex isn't (IMHO)

But hey, you do you. Never let an opportunity to be offended go to waste.
lol. I'd never be offended by a comment on social media. I was pointing out you took a comment that was obvious sarcasm and turned it into something it wasn't. OBTW I wasn't the only who thought it.

Lighten up Francis......
Old 02-05-2022, 02:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by MJP27 View Post
lol. I'd never be offended by a comment on social media. I was pointing out you took a comment that was obvious sarcasm and turned it into something it wasn't. OBTW I wasn't the only who thought it.

Lighten up Francis......
Obviously Oofff was being sarcastic. The point of sarcasm is to make your own point. What I inferred from his sarcasm was that Delta is not doing enough to achieve diversity. I probably should have asked him what he was getting at. Usually Oofff is Oofff, and he typically doesn't engage in a real conversation....more like lobbing grenades, but I should have asked none the less. Since I truly was interested, I provided some facts and asked for input. Unfortunately, asking any question that involves race or gender usually is followed shortly by a smear campaign. I thought the whole idea of Delta supporting BLM was to open up channels of communication for honest and frank conversations on relevant yet sensitive subjects. I guess that ideal went by the wayside (as did the whole organized BLM movement)

So....back to the thread at hand....DL HIRING: NEW PROCESS. Anyone seen a breakout of civilian vice military time and age. Bonus points if gender is included(prolly not that granular for multiple reasons, but I'm still curious due to my friends daughter)
Old 02-05-2022, 08:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Any idea what the average time to get word of an indoc class is? A bit over a month now since CJO and haven't gotten a class. Not able to get ahold of anyone either. Voicemails and emails go unreturned. Supposedly, all my background check and PRIA stuff is complete, so not sure what the hold-up is. Seems unusual. But maybe this is normal?
Old 02-05-2022, 09:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Big ones

Originally Posted by 1point21GW View Post
FYI: average flight time for new hires in the Jan 27th class was 4,290

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
are these posted somewhere on sm? Curious to see some hi-res pics but can’t seem to find orig pics
Old 02-05-2022, 09:49 PM
Gets Holidays Off

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
Any idea what the average time to get word of an indoc class is? A bit over a month now since CJO and haven't gotten a class. Not able to get ahold of anyone either. Voicemails and emails go unreturned. Supposedly, all my background check and PRIA stuff is complete, so not sure what the hold-up is. Seems unusual. But maybe this is normal?
Myself and a few others got their email with a class date exactly 6 weeks after final requested document was emailed in. I've seen as fast as 4 weeks for a military guy, and 3 months for another because his state has strange driver's license records release rules.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Looking left

Originally Posted by tripled View Post
are these posted somewhere on sm? Curious to see some hi-res pics but can’t seem to find orig pics
Its straight from the MEC News weekly email