DL Hiring: New Process

Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 05-23-2022, 10:20 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by Jdub2 View Post
tell me about yourself.
tell me the most traumatic thing that happened in your childhood. How did you deal with it?
What is your greatest weakness? (Had to swing a couple of times at that one)

Do you do drugs? Would you say alcohol has affected your personal or professional life?
etc
Confirmed! Exact questions I was asked. I’ll add, “what was the most difficult thing that has happened in your life not related to work or flying?” and “what was your most important leadership position? What leadership style did you use?”
Old 05-23-2022, 10:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by Propeller View Post
Oh boy... As someone who has never talked to a shrink before, what is asked or how does this part of the interview go? I haven't seen any posts detailing this
Like talking to a nice old lady for me. Zero hostility or threat.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Position: Captain
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Arkcyph View Post
What exactly is CISIVE? Do they contact previous employers for records on you or is it a standard background/criminal record check? What is it?
Originally Posted by PhilMcCrackin View Post
Ive heard they do both.
They shouldn’t be for CISIVE. CISIVE should only be a criminal/background check. PRD/PRIA would be for previous employers. Are they reaching out to ask your conduct at previous employers with what your implying or training records? Can someone shed some light on this?
Old 05-24-2022, 05:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2022

They shouldn’t be for CISIVE. CISIVE should only be a criminal/background check. PRD/PRIA would be for previous employers. Are they reaching out to ask your conduct at previous employers with what your implying or training records? Can someone shed some light on this?

PRIA is great for flying jobs. Non flying jobs is where I think this company is coming in to verify employment and ask your "conduct".
Old 05-24-2022, 06:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by PhilMcCrackin View Post
PRIA is great for flying jobs. Non flying jobs is where I think this company is coming in to verify employment and ask your "conduct".
One anecdote is I’m a CFII as a side hustle (using an LLC), which meant Cisive reached out to me directly as the rep for “the company” that employs myself. They wanted training records, FAA check ride info, etc on me in regards to any flying to do with my LLC. Their brains exploded when I told them I didn’t have any of that (my mil check rides were in lieu of traditional FAA bi-annuals, company I flew for doesn’t keep records on instructors, etc.) It took a few phone calls and multiple RFI responses to clear up their confusion; may have cost me 1-2 weeks on the timeline to indoc (TBD). Point is, if any of you are in a similar self-employed situation, be ready to deal with Cisive issues proactively!
Old 05-24-2022, 06:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

What exactly is CISIVE? Do they contact previous employers for records on you or is it a standard background/criminal record check? What is it?
Cisive is the company they use to check your background. Employment and Criminal and potentially even online history. https://www.cisive.com/solutions/background-screening

At a previous employer I was the hiring manager for pilots as well and did it all myself. Every carrier has a different level of background check that they do. PRIA and NDR are the only real legal requirements.

Cisive is quite in depth with it. Delta is wanting to vet who they are hiring.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by GMK35 View Post
One anecdote is I’m a CFII as a side hustle (using an LLC), which meant Cisive reached out to me directly as the rep for “the company” that employs myself. They wanted training records, FAA check ride info, etc on me in regards to any flying to do with my LLC. Their brains exploded when I told them I didn’t have any of that (my mil check rides were in lieu of traditional FAA bi-annuals, company I flew for doesn’t keep records on instructors, etc.) It took a few phone calls and multiple RFI responses to clear up their confusion; may have cost me 1-2 weeks on the timeline to indoc (TBD). Point is, if any of you are in a similar self-employed situation, be ready to deal with Cisive issues proactively!
Originally Posted by flyskisail View Post
Cisive is the company they use to check your background. Employment and Criminal and potentially even online history. https://www.cisive.com/solutions/background-screening

At a previous employer I was the hiring manager for pilots as well and did it all myself. Every carrier has a different level of background check that they do. PRIA and NDR are the only real legal requirements.

Cisive is quite in depth with it. Delta is wanting to vet who they are hiring.
With regards to flying jobs, do they keep it to just check ride info and training records or do they ask about conduct and resignation/terminations/rehire eligible type stuff? Correct me if I’m wrong, last I checked a past employer can’t disclose conduct info. All they can say is yes or no to the rehire eligible question if even asked at all. What’s your experience with them in this regard?
Old 05-24-2022, 07:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021

For those of you with expired CFI’s, are you answering “yes” to whether or not you hold those ratings? Or is it a “no”?
Old 05-24-2022, 07:58 AM
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

With regards to flying jobs, do they keep it to just check ride info and training records or do they ask about conduct and resignation/terminations/rehire eligible type stuff? Correct me if I’m wrong, last I checked a past employer can’t disclose conduct info. All they can say is yes or no to the rehire eligible question if even asked at all. What’s your experience with them in this regard?
The advice I give any candidate for any airline job is if you have anything in your closet that you're worried someone may find, best to disclose it upfront and let the chips fall.

Don't run the risk of getting a CJO pulled or worse terminated in the future because they found something and accuse you of lying on your application. There's no statute of limitations for that, even when off probation.

But to answer your question, PRIA is training records, terminations, and discipline (generally defined as suspensions or terminations). However a background check company could ask anything they want, and it's up to the employer if they provide it. Most large companies won't go above the minimum requirements due to fear of lawsuits but if you have a bad past with a small company, and you think they may flame you, it's best to get in front of it.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:16 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Anyone see any of the RMI/RBI nonsense on the assessment? Trying to brush up, it's been a while. I have an expired cfi and answered no (for a previous post)