DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
141  191  231  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  251  291  341 
Page 241 of 498
Go to
Quote: How little turbine time are people getting calls here?
From what I know from those I know applying and interviewing, 1000 turbine and very close to it is the minimum. FangsF15 may know more, he has a finger on the pulse.
Quote: I don't know if I agree with that.

I'd be hesitant to check yes unless they specifically said so.

Checking yes is very low reward (might add a point, might not) but them thinking you either didn't check the date or were trying to get that point could be a bigger risk.

I know, everyone's a sea lawyer and knows what the meaning of is is. I'd ask first but that's just me.
Same way I saw it. I have reported dual given. I was a certified flight instructor, but not currently. I checked no, who knows if it held up my invite or not. Easier to justify, imo.
Quote: Same way I saw it. I have reported dual given. I was a certified flight instructor, but not currently. I checked no, who knows if it held up my invite or not. Easier to justify, imo.
Either way you are just answering the question to the best of your ability. I have a certificate and answered truthfully. You could also argue that reporting D/G and not having the CFI box checked might confuse their system.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter much. I answered yes there (and had app review agree with it) and got the job, would be confident explaining that it expired and why.
Quote: Zero technical or knowledge based questions.
All TMAT, scenarios, and questions about yourself and your experience, and Why Delta.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: For those of you with expired CFI’s, are you answering “yes” to whether or not you hold those ratings? Or is it a “no”?
I answered “Yes”.
It has been expired for almost 20 years.
Have a CJO.
Quote: I answered “Yes”.
It has been expired for almost 20 years.
Have a CJO.

Thank you. And congrats!
Quote: The advice I give any candidate for any airline job is if you have anything in your closet that you're worried someone may find, best to disclose it upfront and let the chips fall.

Don't run the risk of getting a CJO pulled or worse terminated in the future because they found something and accuse you of lying on your application. There's no statute of limitations for that, even when off probation.

But to answer your question, PRIA is training records, terminations, and discipline (generally defined as suspensions or terminations). However a background check company could ask anything they want, and it's up to the employer if they provide it. Most large companies won't go above the minimum requirements due to fear of lawsuits but if you have a bad past with a small company, and you think they may flame you, it's best to get in front of it.
Why would Delta be investigating you after they've hired you and your off probation? They already know who you are at that point and have all your records. You don't get a class date till CISIVE is complete.
Good day. I am double checking my documents for SET 1 and SET 2 required for the interview.

Just want to clarify - SET 2 says the ff:

1. Pilot Certificates and FAA First Class Medical
2. ATP Certificate

does #1 refer to PPL and CPL certificates to be provided as well? or a certificate passing the ATP CTP program?
Since one is already an ATP holder and that falls under #2

Thank you in advance for the clarification.
Quote: Good day. I am double checking my documents for SET 1 and SET 2 required for the interview.

Just want to clarify - SET 2 says the ff:

1. Pilot Certificates and FAA First Class Medical
2. ATP Certificate

does #1 refer to PPL and CPL certificates to be provided as well? or a certificate passing the ATP CTP program?
Since one is already an ATP holder and that falls under #2

Thank you in advance for the clarification.
Bring any FAA licenses you have (sounds like just the ATP for you). An example of additional is if you have a CFI (not incorporated into ATP). There is also a separate license for ground instructor and a few other ratings.
Quote: Why would Delta be investigating you after they've hired you and your off probation? They already know who you are at that point and have all your records. You don't get a class date till CISIVE is complete.
Well I don't know. I don't work at Delta, I was giving generic advice.

And yes, I have seen just this scenario play out at other airlines. Someone lied (omitted) about a criminal history, a termination, or training issues, and it was discovered long after they were hired in the course of another investigation due to a work issue. They were summarily fired with nothing the union could do. No statute of limitations for lying on an app. It's in the fine print right above the signature line.
141  191  231  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  251  291  341 
Page 241 of 498
Go to