DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
143  193  233  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  246  247  253  293  343 
Page 243 of 497
Go to
Quote: 2 traffic tickets (one 12 years ago, 1 camera tkt 2 years ago).
Part 61 stage check incomplete.
Over 4000hrs Turbine including widebody, zero TPIC.
Anybody with similar background getting/not getting an invite?
TIA
1 traffic ticket 12 years ago? Isn't there a space on the app for that? Doubt anyone will care.
Camera ticket? That's like a parking ticket in most states - no points. Ignore it.
Part 61 stage check? Say what? That's not a thing.
Quote: One anecdote is I’m a CFII as a side hustle (using an LLC), which meant Cisive reached out to me directly as the rep for “the company” that employs myself. They wanted training records, FAA check ride info, etc on me in regards to any flying to do with my LLC. Their brains exploded when I told them I didn’t have any of that (my mil check rides were in lieu of traditional FAA bi-annuals, company I flew for doesn’t keep records on instructors, etc.) It took a few phone calls and multiple RFI responses to clear up their confusion; may have cost me 1-2 weeks on the timeline to indoc (TBD). Point is, if any of you are in a similar self-employed situation, be ready to deal with Cisive issues proactively!
I had the same experience as a CFI and examiner. Cisive seemed confused when they called my number asking for my supervisor (which was listed as self-employed). It also seemed like an RFI would go out at 4:00PM on Fridays.

Unfortunately I’m not sure there’s a way to reduce the timeline for those with aviation side hustles. Just make sure to be patient and respectful as you normally would.
TIA
I bet tier 3 invites start coming later this year maybe🤷‍♀️
TIA
Don't worry for one second about the tickets, or stage check. Absolutely zero negative impact. Lot's of folks here with zero TPIC. It seems you are actually in the sweet spot for getting an invite. As others have said, get a Delta pilot to give you a rec, and attend a recruiting evernt/WIA/OBAP/etc if you haven't already.

WHEN the invite comes, just be honest, humble, and turn any perceived weaknesses into a strength, i.e. "it made me a better pilot, and I've never done/missed X again". You'll be fine. Best of luck.
In the DL app addendum there is this question and i answered YES and explained.

"Have you ever failed ANY checkrides or received an unsat on ANY phase/stage check, proficiency check, or line check- civilian or military?"

So in my flight school (part 61) (aslo 12 years ago) they would have me fly with a different instructor before releasing me for solo x-country. He did not think I was ready so commented on my logbook "Stage Check 2 incomplete."

Thanks everyone for the input
Quote: In the DL app addendum there is this question and i answered YES and explained.

"Have you ever failed ANY checkrides or received an unsat on ANY phase/stage check, proficiency check, or line check- civilian or military?"

So in my flight school (part 61) (aslo 12 years ago) they would have me fly with a different instructor before releasing me for solo x-country. He did not think I was ready so commented on my logbook "Stage Check 2 incomplete."

Thanks everyone for the input
I wouldn’t sweat it. If it’s written in your logbook then it’s fair game in an interview. You’re doing the right thing. What’s unfortunate is what others have said, Part 61 technically doesn’t have stage checks.
Quote: So in my flight school (part 61) (aslo 12 years ago) they would have me fly with a different instructor before releasing me for solo x-country. He did not think I was ready so commented on my logbook "Stage Check 2 incomplete."
Wow what a dick move. Even when a BFR is unsatisfactory, you don't write unsat in someone's logbook, you just sign for the dual given. I hope karma is visiting this person well.
Quote: Wow what a dick move. Even when a BFR is unsatisfactory, you don't write unsat in someone's logbook, you just sign for the dual given. I hope karma is visiting this person well.
I'm all about listing everything you can think of. But not only is there no such thing as a 61 stage check, the nonexistent check being "incomplete" doesn't mean anything bad anyway.

That said, I wouldn't feel there's any harm in disclosing it. Worst case it gives you a chance to explain it and shows that you're excessively honest. Gives them a chance to press to test with a few minutes of "bad cop" to see if you can handle it, which they're going to do anyway at some point most likely with something else if not that.

I'd also list the OrwellCam ticket. Its minor, gives you something else to talk about on your terms and shows extreme honesty.

The notion that they only hire ring knocking space shuttle door gunners who never jaywalked with 4.0's who built Habitat homes between Blue Angel airshows, and even then only the ones with the dark blue suits and red power ties in a tight double Windsor is highly blown out of proportion IMO.
Anyone on here interviewing 6/17? Where y’all staying? If anyone wants to get in touch feel free to message me.
Quote: They just ask for last years tax info and last 3 months of bank statements, so you could be showing only your previous employer as income.
Keep in mind they’ll want the most recent bank statement within a week or so of closing - hopefully that statement still includes previous employer deposits. That said, on a previous home purchase I was able to provide a letter signed by my future boss stating my approx expected yearly salary and that I was being hired as a full time employee. That was good enough for those underwriters.
143  193  233  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  246  247  253  293  343 
Page 243 of 497
Go to