DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
149  199  239  245  246  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  259  299  349 
Page 249 of 497
Go to
Quote: I find that hard to believe, but if the pass rate really is only 50%, that suggests a training problem, not an applicant problem. That would be a dismal pass/fail rate for a 121 AQP training program…
He’s trolling. Almost no one fails. You have to want to fail.
Quote: I find that hard to believe, but if the pass rate really is only 50%, that suggests a training problem, not an applicant problem. That would be a dismal pass/fail rate for a 121 AQP training program…
Hey, that’s what happens when you hire regional pilots.
His post is dripping with sarcasm. I personally haven’t heard of anyone washing out of sims. I’m sure it happens but it is extremely rare. I know of one person who washed out on IOE but that was more of an attitude issue than anything else.
Quote: Delta has like a 50% fail rate in the sims, so unless you want to be a statistic I suggest studying ahead. When you get your CJO, do everything you can to bum Vol 1’s for each fleet so that you can study them all and be ahead for when (if!) you pass indoc and find out which aircraft you’re on.
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and pigs fly
Quote: Delta has like a 50% fail rate in the sims, so unless you want to be a statistic I suggest studying ahead. When you get your CJO, do everything you can to bum Vol 1’s for each fleet so that you can study them all and be ahead for when (if!) you pass indoc and find out which aircraft you’re on.
Lovely troll! "The training here is so easy even an Endeavor flow can pass." I heard multiple instructors say that.
Quote: Hows the pass rate in training, has anyone failed out?
As others have said, it’s extremely rare. They will work with you, a LOT, to get you through. The number of people every year who don’t compete sims/OE annually is like 1. Maybe. And from what I’ve been told, those cases were eye-wateringly clear-cut.
Quote: And from what I’ve been told, those cases were eye-wateringly clear-cut.
aside from literally one case where the dude just couldn't figure out how to fly the sim, every other wash-out I've heard about is attitude. As long as you show up with a good and humble attitude, you'll not only get through training, but will likely shine and have a good time.
Quote: You are getting close. April 18 CJO here and received the class date email on June 1.
What class date they give you?
Anyone that has recently interviewed care to share how logbooks were handled? Most of my time is pretty straight forward between military and regional, but I used a service to do my app review and was told to make the totals line up with no simultaneous logging of dual received and PIC as airline apps would show a discrepancy and there would be issues.
Quote: Anyone that has recently interviewed care to share how logbooks were handled? Most of my time is pretty straight forward between military and regional, but I used a service to do my app review and was told to make the totals line up with no simultaneous logging of dual received and PIC as airline apps would show a discrepancy and there would be issues.
I thought Airline apps corrected the dual received PIC math for you when you input the numbers but I'll defer to the professionals. I did not correct any dual given PIC in my logs. When you get there in the morning they will take all of your documents from you including your logs. When you are called back for the panel interview they will have your logs in the room with them. You get them back after the panel.

I had my paper logs audited and converted to LogTen Pro by Acculog. All corrections were made to favor the lower number. I ended up stripping about 100 hours out because I'm bad at math. I printed and bound the digital and brought both originals and digital with me. I tabbed all of my checkrides and signoffs like high performance and tailwheel in the paper and added a table of contents to the digital that had the same data with corresponding page numbers. If you have a digital logbook that is printed make sure you sign each page, I've heard others have been asked to go through and sign the pages if they have not already done so. All of my times matched between the app and my digital totals. I got zero questions about my logbooks in the panel. My interview was early May, hope this helps.
149  199  239  245  246  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  259  299  349 
Page 249 of 497
Go to