DL Hiring: New Process >

DL Hiring: New Process

Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Old 06-06-2022, 03:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by jaxsurf View Post
Delta has like a 50% fail rate in the sims, so unless you want to be a statistic I suggest studying ahead. When you get your CJO, do everything you can to bum Vol 1’s for each fleet so that you can study them all and be ahead for when (if!) you pass indoc and find out which aircraft you’re on.
I gather your trying to be sarcastic but why post completely untrue crap like the above! The failure rate is extremily low at Delta.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Originally Posted by bgskyguy View Post
I thought Airline apps corrected the dual received PIC math for you when you input the numbers but I'll defer to the professionals. I did not correct any dual given PIC in my logs. When you get there in the morning they will take all of your documents from you including your logs. When you are called back for the panel interview they will have your logs in the room with them. You get them back after the panel.

I had my paper logs audited and converted to LogTen Pro by Acculog. All corrections were made to favor the lower number. I ended up stripping about 100 hours out because I'm bad at math. I printed and bound the digital and brought both originals and digital with me. I tabbed all of my checkrides and signoffs like high performance and tailwheel in the paper and added a table of contents to the digital that had the same data with corresponding page numbers. If you have a digital logbook that is printed make sure you sign each page, I've heard others have been asked to go through and sign the pages if they have not already done so. All of my times matched between the app and my digital totals. I got zero questions about my logbooks in the panel. My interview was early May, hope this helps.
I was reviewing my app and see I have some Dual received overlapping SIC (OE time). Sound slike the same situation.
So i have 4000 hours on this airplane, of which 100 were in oe (in 2 different companies/countries).
Whats the opinion here. Should i susbtract the dual received from the total time?
On the other hand I have time on a widebody that is not SIC (bunk time). That i just put on the total time and seat time =SIC
Old 06-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Has anyone that interviewed the week of 4/25 gotten a class date?
Old 06-06-2022, 12:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by smtx123 View Post

We interviewed on the 21st. Still waiting, on to 7 weeks now and no class date yet…
Old 06-06-2022, 01:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by avident22 View Post
We interviewed on the 21st. Still waiting, on to 7 weeks now and no class date yet…
Thats crazy. Any ideas on the hold up?
Old 06-06-2022, 02:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

20 April: CJO
6 June: indoc class assignment received : 19 July
Old 06-06-2022, 02:50 PM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by avident22 View Post
Thats crazy. Any ideas on the hold up?

It may be related to the equipment drop/selection. Some types have a lot of junior people, a lot of turnover, and frequent classes. Others have a smaller number in the fleet type, are more senior, have lower turnover, and fewer classes.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:27 AM
Works Fri-Sun, golf M-Th

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Golf Cart

Originally Posted by jetlagclub View Post
I was reviewing my app and see I have some Dual received overlapping SIC (OE time). Sound slike the same situation.
So i have 4000 hours on this airplane, of which 100 were in oe (in 2 different companies/countries).
Whats the opinion here. Should i susbtract the dual received from the total time?
On the other hand I have time on a widebody that is not SIC (bunk time). That i just put on the total time and seat time =SIC
Yes this was similar situation I was in.. I was told by an app review (maybe mistakenly) that airline apps wanted PIC + SIC + dual received to equal your grand total. I Initially did what they said but then didn't want to go back and correct my logbook and changed it to how I have it logged which is some SIC and PIC logged while dual received. All of this time was back when I was receiving training for initial ratings in a cessna, so if that matters then I'm sorry.. I logged it as told and it was signed by a CFI. As far as OE I didn't log it as dual received, although I think it would be appropriate, I just logged as SIC.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
Anyone that has recently interviewed care to share how logbooks were handled? Most of my time is pretty straight forward between military and regional, but I used a service to do my app review and was told to make the totals line up with no simultaneous logging of dual received and PIC as airline apps would show a discrepancy and there would be issues.
I wouldn’t correct it in your logbooks. I didn’t and wouldn’t. Just take take any PIC that you logged as dual received…
Old 06-07-2022, 07:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

How far out can you schedule an interview?

From reading on here it appears that a CJO is good for 6 months, and that usually it takes 4 weeks to schedule an interview and 11 weeks from the interview/CJO to start INDOC. I just received the Delta Online Assessment invite. I'm about to start training with Spirit and as much as I would like to work for Delta, studying for an interview while doing training seems like a recipe for failure. I've also heard of people leaving training for interviews, but I would not want to do that for various reasons. I did not see this question answered elsewhere on the forums, so apologize if I missed it somewhere.