Search
Notices

DL Hiring: New Process

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 01:55 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2023

Originally Posted by JetPilotDaddy View Post
That is the only way. Make sure every box and supplemental sections are complete. Also, letter of recommendation guarantees someone will hand review it.
Thank you!
Old 01-30-2023, 10:08 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022

After Indoc starts when does Health insurance come into effect? 30 or 60 days or something else?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2023, 10:24 AM
Roll’n Thunder

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Pilot

Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
After Indoc starts when does Health insurance come into effect? 30 or 60 days or something else?

Thanks
Day 1 of indoc.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018
Default Class dates

Any idea what’s the current wait time to receive a class date ?
Old 01-31-2023, 12:36 PM
New Hire

Default Interview Docs: USAF Records

Apologies to all for a fairly specific AF or prior military pilot question for the interview. If this info is in another thread please push me there if able.

I was fortunate enough to land an in-person interview in a few weeks (AD AF heavy pilot--4K TT / 2K PIC, no Civ time).

1) For logbooks, I didn't keep my daily flight data (ie 781s)--I only have my Big Green folder with the Flying History Report, Individual Flight Record Reports, and pilot training summaries. I did my own math based on multiple friends' guidance on assumptions most mil pilots use for converting AF primary/secondary time to PIC/SIC/X-country/etc to show my calculations and how I arrived at the numbers I put on my application. Should I add a summary sheet that shows my PIC/SIC math to my file when I attend the interview, or does Delta literally just want the specific docs they asked for (AF Big Green folder + Flying History Report) and nothing additional?

2) Orders: are PCS orders to my current assignment ok or do they want a different document showing I'm on active duty?

Thanks for your help and again, sorry to everyone else for this niche question. I just want to ensure I do everything EXACTLY right and not mess up this opportunity.

Fly safe!
Old 01-31-2023, 01:54 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Hawk739 View Post
Any idea what’s the current wait time to receive a class date ?
11/17 to 12/5 CJO just got 3/14 class date things are moving pretty fast now.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

sweet thanks

Originally Posted by Damnpro View Post
11/17 to 12/5 CJO just got 3/14 class date things are moving pretty fast now.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Totally Average View Post
Apologies to all for a fairly specific AF or prior military pilot question for the interview. If this info is in another thread please push me there if able. I was fortunate enough to land an in-person interview in a few weeks (AD AF heavy pilot--4K TT / 2K PIC, no Civ time). 1) For logbooks, I didn't keep my daily flight data (ie 781s)--I only have my Big Green folder with the Flying History Report, Individual Flight Record Reports, and pilot training summaries. I did my own math based on multiple friends' guidance on assumptions most mil pilots use for converting AF primary/secondary time to PIC/SIC/X-country/etc to show my calculations and how I arrived at the numbers I put on my application. Should I add a summary sheet that shows my PIC/SIC math to my file when I attend the interview, or does Delta literally just want the specific docs they asked for (AF Big Green folder + Flying History Report) and nothing additional? 2) Orders: are PCS orders to my current assignment ok or do they want a different document showing I'm on active duty? Thanks for your help and again, sorry to everyone else for this niche question. I just want to ensure I do everything EXACTLY right and not mess up this opportunity. Fly safe!
1. I included a cover sheet that also spelled out my assumptions for PIC time and put it as the first page of my green folder. I also found a few minor discrepancies in my records (ie duplicate flights too old to correct, etc) and typed up an MFR that I signed myself explaining the discrepancies. I put that below the cover sheet. So, 2 total additonal pages that I added to my green folder and I also removed any random paperwork in there that wasn't needed (ie gate month/SARM records). Zero questions asked about my flight records at the interview.

​​​​​​​2. I had Sep Orders that I included. If you don't have those and can't find an answer, email the Delta Hiring Dept and ask.​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​
Note that you have to be fully separated or on terminal leave to start indoc.​​​​​​​
Old 02-01-2023, 07:03 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by Fly Casual View Post
1. I included a cover sheet that also spelled out my assumptions for PIC time and put it as the first page of my green folder. I also found a few minor discrepancies in my records (ie duplicate flights too old to correct, etc) and typed up an MFR that I signed myself explaining the discrepancies. I put that below the cover sheet. So, 2 total additonal pages that I added to my green folder and I also removed any random paperwork in there that wasn't needed (ie gate month/SARM records). Zero questions asked about my flight records at the interview.

​​​​​​​2. I had Sep Orders that I included. If you don't have those and can't find an answer, email the Delta Hiring Dept and ask.​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​
Note that you have to be fully separated or on terminal leave to start indoc.​​​​​​​
1) I did only the green folder, no additional fodder
2) PCS orders for me

No issues with either item
Old 02-01-2023, 08:07 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2022

I'm in an awkward spot...

I received the new "pending assessment invite" email a few weeks ago. However, the availability date I put is pending a 6-month Palace Chase from active duty. I honestly wasn't expecting an assessment invite so soon, so my Palace Chase paperwork hasn't been approved for that date yet. That being said... I've never seen a PC application be denied for my airframe in recent history....

Is this easy enough to explain during the interview (if it's still pending), or should I message them beforehand to try and clarify it/change it? I don't know if 6 months of availability change is a big deal to them.

Thanks for any help you can provide.