DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11  51  101 
Page 1 of 497
Go to
Delta Pilot Recruiting said interview invites are going out for new off the street hires, and the process has changed. Online assessment is completed first and must be passed in order to go to ATL for in person interview. Interview is now a single day and the Job Knowledge Test (JKT) is gone.

https://www.facebook.com/deltapilotrecruiting/

Best of luck to all those getting the invites!
Quote: Delta Pilot Recruiting said interview invites are going out for new off the street hires, and the process has changed. Online assessment is completed first and must be passed in order to go to ATL for in person interview. Interview is now a single day and the Job Knowledge Test (JKT) is gone.

this assessment....what’s the study list? I remember there was a list provided “back in the day”....which as we all know was quite an extensive list, really for the JKT, but the study list was disclosed. Or is this assessment more “get to know ya” first step? I recall the FAA did a “get to know ya” as a first step in their ATC process a few years ago....sorta autobiographical.
Quote: Delta Pilot Recruiting said interview invites are going out for new off the street hires, and the process has changed. Online assessment is completed first and must be passed in order to go to ATL for in person interview. Interview is now a single day and the Job Knowledge Test (JKT) is gone.

Interesting changes. Wonder what the online assessment consists of? Job Knowledge Test stuff?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
If I’m not mistaken the assessment is the MMPI.

Personally very glad we are finally updating our antiquated hiring process wrt the JKT. aerodynamics for naval aviators should not be required reading for an airline job
Quote: If I’m not mistaken the assessment is the MMPI.

Personally very glad we are finally updating our antiquated hiring process wrt the JKT. aerodynamics for naval aviators should not be required reading for an airline job
A little more knowledge of aerodynamics sure would have helped the Air France 330 crew, whether it was tailored to naval aviators or not. I’m fully in favor of more practical knowledge in this profession, versus emphasis on community service and jot ‘em and dot ‘em tests.

Anyone can follow a magenta line when everything works and the weather is nice. Harrumph!
Quote: A little more knowledge of aerodynamics sure would have helped the Air France 330 crew, whether it was tailored to naval aviators or not. I’m fully in favor of more practical knowledge in this profession, versus emphasis on community service and jot ‘em and dot ‘em tests.

Anyone can follow a magenta line when everything works and the weather is nice. Harrumph!
I can’t imagine anyone who does not reduce the AOA in a stall making it very far in training. Reasons like that is why every airline pilot in the US has an ATP and has to go through ATP-CTP and EET training. I stand by my thought that there was very little I studied in aerodynamics for naval aviators that had much to do with being an airline pilot. Applicable 91, 121 and ATP style questions would have been more appropriate IMO.
Some things happened at Colgan and Pinnacle Airlines that might refute your claims that a US ATP is a certificate of competency in aerodynamic knowledge and adequate training.

I’m in favor of practical knowledge in aircraft operation versus emphasis on community service. That’s all I said. Please don’t take it as an attack on your viewpoint. We can both be right on this. Or wrong.
Quote: Some things happened at Colgan and Pinnacle Airlines that might refute your claims that a US ATP is a certificate of competency in aerodynamic knowledge and adequate training.

I’m in favor of practical knowledge in aircraft operation versus emphasis on community service. That’s all I said. Please don’t take it as an attack on your viewpoint. We can both be right on this. Or wrong.
sorry if it came across as an attack or confrontational, it was not meant that way. I can agree that practical knowledge is good and I agree there is room for it to be tested. I just think the JKT in the form I took it before Covid was not the most effective way to do it.

It is worth noting that both those events happen before the ATP rule change and we have seen some other changes since then that are positive (EET training and the FAA standard for stall recovery come to mind) I think the republic crew in ATL in 2019 is a great example of this. It is not absolute and there is still room for error if not trained properly and flown properly no doubt.

I am excited to see developments in this area as we get closer to new hires from off the street hopefully this fall.

Cheers
Quote: If I’m not mistaken the assessment is the MMPI.

couldn’t disagree more
I’m glad they got rid of the shrink 🤪
1  2  3  4  5  11  51  101 
Page 1 of 497
Go to