Single dog owners

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Is the dog single or the owner?
Quote: Is the dog single or the owner?
I think the owner is single but the dog is a polygamist.
Single dog owners
Leave them with parents until you find a roommate who likes dogs or a significant other who will watch them. I had two dogs and went through a divorce and she couldn’t take them with her. Had to get friends to stay over and watch them or sometimes board them if they couldn’t. Ended up getting roommates and then eventually remarried. It’s not easy but you don’t want to re-home old dogs. You can also ask your dog loving friends to watch them when you go on trips if you’re close enough to them and your dogs won’t destroy their house. If you don’t have a dog yet wait until you’re more settled and have a plan. If you do have to use a service pay the extra money to have a pet sitter stay at your house.
Quote: ...have a pet sitter stay at your house.
This is essentially what we do now when we travel. We pay a house sitter, which is usually just some young person my wife works with and trusts, to stay out our house in our absence. Cheaper than boarding the three dogs and WAY less stressful on them.
We did the house sitting thing once. The girl used our vacuum to clean up dog puke.
Quote: We did the house sitting thing once. The girl used our vacuum to clean up dog puke.
We’ve had a couple instances of “not gonna use her again!” but most have been OK, some great. When we find one we like, we tend to stick with them until they move off or something.
Quote: Couldn't agree more. I have lil cutie pie (5lb Pomeranian). My wife works from home so she watches and feeds him. But if the both us travel we pay for premium lodging for him. ($100+ per night so he has his own room and personal and backyard to exercise).

Skywest, Endeavor, PSA (screw their management, total PoS), Envoy, Republic. All other regionals are a no go for pet owners... or just any human as you can't live on a Mesa or Gojet salary. What a joke they are.
Sorry, not sorry that’s retarded.
13% of the US population live below the poverty line and you spend $100/night on a toy dog then complain about industry wages.
SMH.
Quote: We did the house sitting thing once. The girl used our vacuum to clean up dog puke.
My folks had CNAs taking care of them at home, last years. As I got ready to pull a burial suit from the closet for my dad, I realized one of them had run all of his good wool suits through the washer and drier. I was not a happy camper.
If you’re not allergic, consider a pair of cats instead. My partner and I (who also travels for work) have automatic feeders and litter boxes set up. Our neighbor checks on them if we’re both gone for more than a couple of days. If you’re single and bid shorter trips at mainline, you can easily have cats. On a regional schedule it would be very hard on them. Get two so they keep each other company.
Cats aren't an alternative to dogs. Who the hell wants cats? Have you ever had a dog? They're nothing at all like cats.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to