560XL+ 4 fatal Connecticut

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Looks like the skids start around the 1000' mark from 02 and continue to the end.
Again, this looks very similar to the Oroville, CA crash. Both had "light" skid marks at the start of the takeoff, and heavy skid marks at the end of the runway. It seems that both these 560XL crews had brake applications during the takeoff roll.
Quote: Again, this looks very similar to the Oroville, CA crash. Both had "light" skid marks at the start of the takeoff, and heavy skid marks at the end of the runway. It seems that both these 560XL crews had brake applications during the takeoff roll.
Which is weird. I know from a Lr45 accident or incident, brake application in that type can delay or inhibit rotation. Can’t say about the XL.
Dan thinks the parking brake was on, and that the anti-skid did operate with parking brake applied, blames it on 91/135 "knuckleheads".

Doesn't explain if he confirmed that the anti-skid actually works with PB applied, also no way to know yet if the pilots set the brake or if it malfunctioned. Brakes do malfunction, ask me how I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J6p7i9yNA
Dan’s suspect on the parking brake AND the anti-skid operating; never seen a plane the works that way. And it was a dry runway, wet or better yet, icy; I’d believe it, not dry and going that far AFTER departing the runway. I would believe the right seat panicking and applying the brakes while the pilot tries to go. Or, a messed up abort.
Quote: I would believe the right seat panicking and applying the brakes while the pilot tries to go.
Seems unlikely, both pilots obstinately making conflicting control inputs all the way down the runway, both knowing it's going to kill them?

If I was going to do a unilateral abort with brakes, I'd pull the levers back too, or grab the master cutoffs if the other guy fought it.
Quote: Seems unlikely, both pilots obstinately making conflicting control inputs all the way down the runway, both knowing it's going to kill them?

If I was going to do a unilateral abort with brakes, I'd pull the levers back too, or grab the master cutoffs if the other guy fought it.
Exactly what's so odd about it - reverse, cutoffs, something to stop that thing. When they start that early how are they that pronounced at the departure end..? I'm almost inclined to think the marks at the approach end are not from that plane - only the end, dark marks from a last minute high-speed reject attempt.
Quote: Dan thinks...
Speaking of knuckleheads
Is there no take off configuration warning on these light jets?
If not, why not?
Quote: Is there no take off configuration warning on these light jets?
If not, why not?
There is a TAKE-OFF CONFIG and it covers parking brake, flaps, stab position. Having one and acting on it are two different things, I guess.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to