Notices
Corporate Corporate operators

Unvaccinated options

Old 09-12-2021, 04:14 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Boeing CA
Default Unvaccinated options

I’m a 52 year old guy with lots of 91 / 135 and 121 time in various aircraft that is about to be let go because I choose to remain unvaccinated.

I was browsing the forum to see if anyone had started a thread yet discussing employment options for the conscientious objectors to mandatory jabs.

Seems like the airlines are attempting 100% compliance.

I’m going to accept the termination or whatever comes my way.

might need work soon!
Old 09-12-2021, 05:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

Originally Posted by jetlagging View Post
I’m a 52 year old guy with lots of 91 / 135 and 121 time in various aircraft that is about to be let go because I choose to remain unvaccinated.

I was browsing the forum to see if anyone had started a thread yet discussing employment options for the conscientious objectors to mandatory jabs.

Seems like the airlines are attempting 100% compliance.

might need work soon!
If the Biden order happens, excuse the phrase, you’re stuck.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

You will have very limited employment options.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: MD-88 FO

Buy your own plane. Start your own 135 operation. As long as you keep it under 100 employees and don’t bid on government contracts, you’re golden. Yes, these are the times we are living in. Government controls your life now.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

To expand on my post, do you have solid corporate experience in large cabin types (GLF or BBD, perhaps BBJ)? You might at a very long shot, find an owner similarity disposed, but it’d be 1: 1,000,000. The mandate is going to drive the outcomes and I wouldn’t get weekly testing will be an acceptable way forward. Businesses won’t pay for it; they won’t accept the legal and financial risk; and it won’t be possible for travel outside the US.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

What do the new rules say about contract employees? Can you do that?
Old 09-12-2021, 08:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Myfingershurt View Post
Buy your own plane. Start your own 135 operation. As long as you keep it under 100 employees and don’t bid on government contracts, you’re golden. Yes, these are the times we are living in. Government controls your life now.
And find customers willing to do business under your terms. Charter is very competitive and, while times are good, that’s not forever. Charter is 30% over pre-COVID times. Customers want assurance of privacy and COVID safety.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:23 AM
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by jetlagging View Post

might need work soon!
I hope you are single and not the breadwinner for a family who are counting on your current (good?) income. It's commendable that some will fall on their sword for what they believe in, regardless of the sacrifice. Someone will fill your shoes, your employer with not miss a beat and life will go on.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by Myfingershurt View Post
The man who sits in the oval office is not the president, the executives of of the pharmaceutical industry are. They want to sell vaccines. Between the three companies they expected to sell 330,000,000 million does of vaccine to the government, yet they've sold what, just over half that? This executive order was drafted in corporate boardrooms. All these guys know each other and are in business together. This is a turning point for our country. Will 80,000,000 to 100,000,000 Americans stand up for freedom, or will we say that we are really ok with, and gladly accept the fact that our country has become a fascist dictatorship where our personal lives, choices, and beliefs are fully controlled by large corporations who write the laws and allow you to have have the illusion of choosing a new dictator every four years. Hospitals and other health care facilities are already starting to face the reality of having more unvaccinated employees than they can possibly fire and still operate. There are significant percentages of the pilot groups in every airline that have also chosen to remain unvaccinated. If everyone continues to hold the line, no amount of wokeness or virtue signaling will change the reality that you can't fire significant percentages of your trained workforce in a short period of time and still operate at the same level. Plenty of employers and 21 states are already saying no to this mandate, so this will truly be where business leaders show if they believe in the freedom and personal liberty that allowed them to achieve the high levels of financial success they have, or do they believe in fascism, which has lead to nothing but ruin and misery for everyone involved and subjected to it.

Best of luck to the OP. I personally chose to get out of flying when covid started due to base realignments that would have caused commuting to create an unacceptably poor quality of life. I want to get back into flying as of now, but won't be taking a vaccine for a virus that I already had with mild symptoms, and that most people recover from the same way. There are plenty of those of us out there who agree with you, and if we all say enough is enough they'll be forced to deal with our existence whether they like it or not. Again, best of luck, we need more people such as yourself!

Also, here's something that you won't see on CNN and the fact checkers on social media would say is "missing context".
https://www.newsweek.com/members-con...andate-1627859

Last edited by chihuahua; 09-12-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Congress is only “exempt” in the sense that the Executive Branch can’t establish rules for the other two branches; both houses of Congress have exclusive control over their rules of procedure. If you read the link you would have known that, Mr. Madison.

I agree that the Executive Branch at the Federal level has no power to enforce this mandate, but states unquestionably have that power and it’s settled law. Every state has long hel mandates for vaccinations.