COVID19 Pandemic Information and Reports

Vaccination Participation Pay Program

Old 09-15-2021, 02:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Default Vaccination Participation Pay Program

Update on SWALife

Vaccination Participation Pay Program

First, we are introducing a Vaccination Participation Pay Program. Our goal is to increase the vaccination rate among Employees, give you pay for the time you need to go get vaccinated and encourage you to share your vaccination status with Southwest. Employees who complete all rounds of a COVID-19 vaccine series, report their vaccination status, and upload an image of their vaccination record card in our WorkPerks tool by 11:59 p.m. Herb Time on November 15, 2021, will receive 16 hours (or 13 TFPs for Pilots and Flight Attendants) of pay, which will be paid out in your December 20 paychecks. If you have not been vaccinated and choose to do so, this timeline gives you enough time to receive both rounds of a two-series vaccine or the single-dose vaccine.

Quarantine Pay Program Updates

To align with that timing, after the November 15 deadline passes, our Quarantine Pay Program will be updated. We will still provide up to 10 business days of Quarantine Pay for work-related close-contact cases that require a quarantine and all COVID-positive cases. However, starting November 16, 2021, you must be fully vaccinated (meaning you have received both rounds of a two-series vaccine or the single-dose vaccine) in order to be eligible for Quarantine Pay.

The current Quarantine Pay Program we announced on September 2, giving Quarantine Pay for work-related close-contact and all COVID-positive events regardless of vaccination status, remains in place through November 15.

​​​​​​​
Old 09-15-2021, 06:24 PM
weekends off? Nope...

Joined APC: Apr 2014

And just like that, the vaccination status comes flooding in. Easiest $2000 ever.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Originally Posted by Smooth at FL450 View Post
And just like that, the vaccination status comes flooding in. Easiest $2000 ever.
I'm wondering if after Nov 15th (I think that's the date they posted in the email) the Sick bank will be used again for Covid pulls and not CC.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:01 PM
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
I just had a friend tell me his healthy 25 year old son got the shot, went home, started feeling bad, lost his voice and went to bed. He didn’t show up for work the next day. They checked on him and found him dead in bed. Dead within 12 hours of the shot. To protect him from a virus that is over 98% survivable (probaly higher in. His age group).

No thanks! I trust my immune system more than something the .gov is pushing so hard. I will just have to use my sick bank I guess....

ETA I’m not anti-vax. I had all my shots as a kid and so have my kids. This covid vax has my spidey senses on alert
So, not to sound insensitive, but even if the cause of death turns out to be the vaccine (and I don't believe it will), that does not change the fact that more people have died from avoiding taking it than from taking it. 180 million people in the US have taken the full dose, and 3 deaths have been directly attributed to the vaccine, your friends kid would make that 4, so a 1 in 45 million chance of death. Sofar about 40 million people in the US have had covid and about 660K have died, so about a 1 in 60 chance of death. If covid was a thousand times less deadly, and the vaccine was a thousand times more deadly they would be around even. don't be ....
Old 09-15-2021, 08:41 PM
Furloughed Again?!

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737

Originally Posted by Hobbit64 View Post
I'm wondering if after Nov 15th (I think that's the date they posted in the email) the Sick bank will be used again for Covid pulls and not CC.

The FAQ says if you're unvaccinated, then it will as if Nov 16.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:44 AM
weekends off? Nope...

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Hobbit64 View Post
That is what the letter says..."Starting Nov 16 you must be fully vaccinated in order to be eligible for Quarantine Pay"
Old 09-16-2021, 04:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
The FAQ says if you're unvaccinated, then it will as if Nov 16.
Originally Posted by Smooth at FL450 View Post
That is what the letter says..."Starting Nov 16 you must be fully vaccinated in order to be eligible for Quarantine Pay"
Thanks for the clarification.
My sensibilities won't allow detailed review and assessment of emails while I am off the clock.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
So, not to sound insensitive, but even if the cause of death turns out to be the vaccine (and I don't believe it will), that does not change the fact that more people have died from avoiding taking it than from taking it. 180 million people in the US have taken the full dose, and 3 deaths have been directly attributed to the vaccine, your friends kid would make that 4, so a 1 in 45 million chance of death. Sofar about 40 million people in the US have had covid and about 660K have died, so about a 1 in 60 chance of death. If covid was a thousand times less deadly, and the vaccine was a thousand times more deadly they would be around even. don't be ....
Maybe if you delve a little deeper than the headlines, you'll see your being lied to. Respectulfully.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
Shirley you can’t be serious. Wow…..
Old 09-16-2021, 08:50 AM
At your mom's house

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: cpt 737

Good thing the lawsuit from the union is still on. Cant change policies during negotiations. Plus it discrimination. Why would a vax person need a covid pull anyways, aren't they protected? Rhetorical