A350 …international pandemonium?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
What is the landscape in these crazy days? Grey beards sitting reserve and young’ens flying the line? I can’t imagine 30+ yr folks being pumped to sit incarce-de-facto in a hotel room.
Quote: What is the landscape in these crazy days? Grey beards sitting reserve and young’ens flying the line? I can’t imagine 30+ yr folks being pumped to sit incarce-de-facto in a hotel room.
it will certainly be a factor in some people’s bidding. I could hold the 350, but would rather stay on the ER until COVID restrictions around the world calm down.
Paris and Amsterdam are fairly open but those trips pay less so they go junior. Pacific trips confined to hotel but they pay more so they go senior. Pilots in general go for the $$$.
One of the big reasons I chose to hold off going back to the 330. I can't imagine those layovers when stuck in your room, my sleep would be even more jacked up than it already is on such trips. I'll give it a few years and reassess how things are going then.
Quote: One of the big reasons I chose to hold off going back to the 330. I can't imagine those layovers when stuck in your room, my sleep would be even more jacked up than it already is on such trips. I'll give it a few years and reassess how things are going then.
I wonder if that sentiment is going to drive WB A and B positions abnormally junior on the next AE or two…
Quote: I wonder if that sentiment is going to drive WB A and B positions abnormally junior on the next AE or two…
UH, in a word....NO. At least not in MHO. 100k extra a year for 1 leg out 1 leg back...24 hr layover. Not to mention.... no telling when things will open up and even if you get a bid soon...it will be at least 6 months till ur on the line....prolly longer
Quote: What is the landscape in these crazy days? Grey beards sitting reserve and young’ens flying the line? I can’t imagine 30+ yr folks being pumped to sit incarce-de-facto in a hotel room.
It sucks. 24+ years almost exclusively International WB aside from bankruptcy-induced domestic NB stint and Intl. 757 and 320. I’m done, waiting for training on domestic fleet (how bad could it be?).

Points made thus far on the thread are accurate regarding the 350, both good and bad. The 350 is a sweet machine, but that does not offset the current missions, esp. SYD - with roots as a prison colony, these folks in AU know their way around a set of shackles!

Variety is the spice of life, as they say, making the 330 appear a wiser WB choice than the 350 at least in the foreseeable future.
Quote: UH, in a word....NO. At least not in MHO. 100k extra a year for 1 leg out 1 leg back...24 hr layover. Not to mention.... no telling when things will open up and even if you get a bid soon...it will be at least 6 months till ur on the line....prolly longer
I disagree. The best way to make money is to be senior. Doesn’t matter what airplane or even what seat. If you are very senior you can make a lot of money. On the ER at 30%…with all the green slips right now, I make way more than I would on the 330/350. I would love to do that kind of flying when it’s back to normal, but it would not be for the money.
I have never really understand the big attraction of International flying even pre covid. Senior pilots can make tons of money domestically flying 2 leg 2 days and greenslips. Staying home much more and having way more credit on the timecard. I know some guys have girlfriends over there, and love going to the local pubs, but I'd rather be home.
Quote: I have never really understand the big attraction of International flying even pre covid. Senior pilots can make tons of money domestically flying 2 leg 2 days and greenslips. Staying home much more and having way more credit on the timecard. I know some guys have girlfriends over there, and love going to the local pubs, but I'd rather be home.
thats the great thing about this job. Lots of different niches. 👍
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to