Search
Notices

What is going on

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 10:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by LUVisLost View Post
From looking at sick and fatigue calls there is not an appreciable spike.

Fatigue is higher but the duty day increase has increased also. I’m sure that is correlated but would require more data to analyze.

Sick calls are a drop in the bucket, not appreciable to the volume of flights.

OT pickup is lower but by about 1/4. That could be long weekend, burnout, JA possibility on pick ups etc. I’m sure the data guys will break that down.

In light of any other information I would have to say this is mismanagement of the operation. No slack built into schedule and a minor disruption explodes. Since Spirit just went through this a few months back it reaffirms my belief. We shall see as more information is I am sure forthcoming.

On a side note the union and pilots better cross their fingers it’s not an illegal job action. GK will press the case if he has the ability too, he’s leaving so no better present to the Bob than crush the union on the way out the door.
Well there you go! It’s all been figured out.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by 4dalulz View Post
Rethinking whether I'd want to subject myself to being at the mercy of such a bunch of whiny children. Hopefully "corporate" brings the hammer down on people doing a sick out as childish as this.
you probably shouldn’t. Best of luck with your future endeavors. Kthxbye
Old 10-10-2021, 11:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: Da Bus, Left

How quaint, you guys think you have a meltdown going on…. Spirit be like “hold my beer…”.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by KirillTheThrill View Post
Scab like talk.
Unfortunately, talk like this could do as much damage to the union, and as a result, the collective well being of the pilot group, as actual scabs do to a union during a legal job action. While I know your intent was to engage in a bit of friendly banter, talk like this can be interpreted as intimidation of fellow employees who don't agree with your perspective on the best way to handle labor disagreements. That can get a union into a lot of hot water. It can get a union fined with a crippling financial penalty. And it can set back, and even hobble, our negotiation efforts to obtain a better CBA.

The company may well be in discovery mode right now, quietly scraping social media and collating the operational data, to create a case or bolster its case against the union. If any kind of case ends up getting filed, it will be heard in a federal district court in Texas - in other words in a court significantly more hostile to labor than some of the other courts around the nation.

And yes, you can try to argue that if, for example, screen shots or quotes from this forum or other social media venues were used in a case against the union that the company can't prove who really said it, that it might have even been a management plant, and so on, but in real life, those arguments didn't hold water in the actual case of the Spirit pilots back in 2017. The Spirit pilots got whacked and their negotiation efforts were dealt a serious blow.

The best thing to do is to be quiet and maintain the status quo.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by fcoolaiddrinker View Post
Smart. Pretty sure we had a some fly within the two days. FYI if you convert your card into a QR code it doesn’t give dates. Just says vaccinated. That and anytime someone looks at it you get a text asking for permission.
Cool, how do you do that?

And how secure is the electronic record keeping or database or whatever that such personal info would be stored in?
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: American Airlines Brake Pad Replacement Technician

Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
How quaint, you guys think you have a meltdown going on…. Spirit be like “hold my beer…”.
Lol, this is awesome 😂
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Lewbronski View Post

Lulzy. There is no status quo. They blew it up with the vax mandate.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by Lewbronski View Post
Unfortunately, talk like this could do as much damage to the union, and as a result, the collective well being of the pilot group, as actual scabs do to a union during a legal job action. While I know your intent was to engage in a bit of friendly banter, talk like this can be interpreted as intimidation of fellow employees who don't agree with your perspective on the best way to handle labor disagreements. That can get a union into a lot of hot water. It can get a union fined with a crippling financial penalty. And it can set back, and even hobble, our negotiation efforts to obtain a better CBA.

The company may well be in discovery mode right now, quietly scraping social media and collating the operational data, to create a case or bolster its case against the union. If any kind of case ends up getting filed, it will be heard in a federal district court in Texas - in other words in a court significantly more hostile to labor than some of the other courts around the nation.

And yes, you can try to argue that if, for example, screen shots or quotes from this forum or other social media venues were used in a case against the union that the company can't prove who really said it, that it might have even been a management plant, and so on, but in real life, those arguments didn't hold water in the actual case of the Spirit pilots back in 2017. The Spirit pilots got whacked and their negotiation efforts were dealt a serious blow.

No worries, I understand where you’re coming from.

Just to clarify, I’m not an SWA employee, my post history clearly proves that fact.

Who knows, maybe the guy I replied to is a company plant, or just a POS.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by fadec View Post
Lulzy. There is no status quo. They blew it up with the vax mandate.
If that's the case, we need to handle it legally - in federal court. That's what the union is trying to do with the motion to append their ongoing lawsuit alleging status quo violations with the accusation that SWA's vax mandate is also a violation of the status quo. If we try to handle it with our own illegal job action, we can get shwhacked.

Just step back and think about why that is so. If the law allowed either side in a labor dispute to abandon the status quo the moment they accused the other side of violating the status quo, that would quickly devolve into chaos. It would become part of the playbook - accuse the other side of violating the status quo without adjudicating it in the courts, then do whatever it wants to bring the other side to it's knees. Airlines and railroads would be in a constant state of dysfunction. Since the nation depends on our two industries in so many ways, Congress decided they didn't want that kind of mayhem. The courts have backed them up on it for decades.

So, it doesn't matter if you or the majority of the pilot group believes the status quo has been violated. It matters what the courts have to say about it. We cannot act unilaterally and do whatever we want just because some or all of the pilot group believes some kind of injustice has occurred.

Acting illegally on our own can set back our negotiations or penalize our union with such a large fine that they can't effectively operate. If that happens, the whole pilot group could be harmed in the form of lower career earnings, worse benefits, crappier work rules, weaker disciplinary protection, etc than we could have had if our pilot group hadn't stripped its union of funds and legal leverage.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Profane Kahuna View Post
Cool, how do you do that?

And how secure is the electronic record keeping or database or whatever that such personal info would be stored in?
Safeway sent me an email with instructions. Deleted the email so I don’t have the website. Probably have to use google to figure it out. I believe there’s one company managing the database as part of operation warp speed but I could be wrong. I’ve had to show it a few times (gym, a college, showed a friend how it worked). Each time I got the text asking for my permission. I did get one that I had no idea about so I said no.