Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Union Talk
Don’t buy SCAB produced bourbon >

Don’t buy SCAB produced bourbon

Notices
Union Talk For macro-level discussion: legislation, national unions, organizing pilot groups, etc.
For airline-specific discussion, use relevant forum above.

Don’t buy SCAB produced bourbon

Old 10-19-2021, 05:39 PM
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Don’t buy SCAB produced bourbon

"Declaring an impasse in contract talks with striking union workers, global spirits producer Heaven Hill said Monday it will start hiring permanent replacement workers for bottling and warehouse operations in Kentucky.

Union leaders responded that they're willing to continue negotiations and accused the company of wanting to replace longtime employees with non-union workers.

About 420 members of United Food and Commercial Workers Local 23D have been on strike for more than five weeks They voted overwhelmingly last month to reject a new five-year contract offer and formed picket lines at Heaven Hill’s operations in Bardstown.

Family-owned and operated Heaven Hill produces Evan Williams, one of the world’s top-selling bourbons. Other brands of Kentucky-based Heaven Hill include Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna, Old Fitzgerald, Larceny and Parker’s Heritage Collection.

The dispute has revolved around health care and worker scheduling issues. The schedule dispute was a sign of the bourbon industry’s growing pains as it tries to keep up with increasing global demand.

Heaven Hill said in a statement Monday that it had negotiated in “good faith” with the union but the sides have been unable to reach an agreement. The company now will begin the process of hiring permanent replacement workers, it said."
Old 10-19-2021, 06:18 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Thanks for posting this, I had completely missed it. That's around 30 bottles from my collection going for sale.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Thanks for posting this, I had completely missed it. That's around 30 bottles from my collection going for sale.

If you already bought the bottles, it’s already too late. Minus well keep the bottles, just don’t purchase anymore until a contract is TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2021, 12:05 PM

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Position: Reserve

Looks like I'll hold off on new Elijah Craig bottles for awhile. Thanks for posting.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Might I suggest an alternative?

Software edited the address.

It's called Two (Female Dog) Spirits.

Small, boutique brand with a great product at a good price. Available on line too! (Depending on your state)
Old 10-20-2021, 03:01 PM

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Position: Reserve

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Might I suggest an alternative?

Software edited the address.

It's called Two (Female Dog) Spirits.

Small, boutique brand with a great product at a good price. Available on line too! (Depending on your state)
Will definitely check it out. I love boutique brands.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Also, don't buy this SCAB produced gas in Texas:

Exxon locked out the plant's 650 union workers on May 1, replacing them with managers and temporary staff as it pushed for a contract that gives it control over how jobs are assigned ahead of a major expansion, and sets a freeze on some workers' pay.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas...100545831.html
Old 10-23-2021, 03:02 PM
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default TA between union and Heaven Hill

Looks like the company decided to come back to the table. Workers are not exactly readily available, so hopefully this will be a win for the union workers.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/heaven-hill-reaches-tentative-agreement-with-local-union-on-5-year-contract/article_8afa910a-3345-11ec-ae62-db1f1c40072d.html