Trip Trading precautions in Vacation Month Q?

Subscribe
My MPG is 2:35 higher than PTC and LPV. I know that I have to exceed 2:35 to increase pay. I thought there were warnings about dropping a trip and then later picking up where you could lose pay. And to avoid this, you had to trip trade at the same time. Was it during a vacation month you had to be concerned with this or am I confusing it with another scenario? Couldn't find anything in old searches or MEC DYK.
Read 3-C-1-a-(3). If you drop your MPG will decrease proportionally but then will increase proportionally if you subsequently pick up.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Quote: Read 3-C-1-a-(3). If you drop your MPG will decrease proportionally but then will increase proportionally if you subsequently pick up. Perhaps the caution you are thinking of is if you do not pick up after dropping, you will lose more pay than the value of the trip you dropped.

Quote: Read 3-C-1-a-(3). If you drop your MPG will decrease proportionally but then will increase proportionally if you subsequently pick up.

The other "gotcha" is dropping your only trip(s), that will take your MPG to 0 and then any pickup after that will be straight time pickup, not proportional. So, if you drop the only trip you have you lose all your protections.