Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. >

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Notices
Money Talk Your hard-earned money

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:19 AM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

When one talks about “buyouts of LCCs” being possible, well, I guess all things are possible, but this administration’s antitrust/anti monopoly emphasis would probably not look favorably on one of the Big Three buying an LCC, although a consolidation of LCCs would likely fly. I could see F9 and NK merging if the stars aligned properly.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: JAFO- First Observer

We are witnessing history in the making. We left the gold standard in 1971.
The Federal Reserve “Private Western Central Bank”
is on its 3rd iteration. JFK, Reagan and now DJT attempted to expose the evil
scheme that keeps us all enslaved in debt. The Fed only has a few
more moves left. The value of the Federal Reserve Note (what most people think is
the US Dollar) is actually loaned to us with interest. The worsening inflation shows that the Fed Reserve Note value
continues to drop. As soon as the “Fed” raises interest rates (they are signaling it will be soon), the house of cards
will implode. Check out “The Great Reset” and welcome to “The Great Awakening”!
https://x22report.com/

Last edited by PerfInit; 11-14-2021 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-14-2021, 11:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Of course there have been pilots furloughed at various times over any decade. But they are not a “lost decade” across the board for the entire industry. Pan Am furloughed all their employees in 1991. Braniff furloughed all their employees in 1982. Even last year Compass and Trans States regional furloughed all their employees. But they were not across the board, industry wide massive furloughs that lasted for 10 years.
I don't think we are all saying it will be an actual decade. I think the point is more that the music is going to stop for a while. Hiring is going to slow down because the economy is going to get even worse than it already is which is going to drive down passenger loads. Will that be a decade, I doubt it but it will be a while. At least until we see a regime change to an administration that is more pro business. That could be at least 3 years. I expect the bottom will drop out 1st quarter next year. I think ridership is going to be down over the holidays especially with news of a new variant running around.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Av8tr1 View Post
I don't think we are all saying it will be an actual decade. I think the point is more that the music is going to stop for a while. Hiring is going to slow down because the economy is going to get even worse than it already is which is going to drive down passenger loads. Will that be a decade, I doubt it but it will be a while. At least until we see a regime change to an administration that is more pro business. That could be at least 3 years. I expect the bottom will drop out 1st quarter next year. I think ridership is going to be down over the holidays especially with news of a new variant running around.
Bookings over the holidays are exceeding 2019.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:58 PM
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Bookings over the holidays are exceeding 2019.
Stop being a ray of sunshine
Old 11-28-2021, 01:10 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Hawkerdriver1 View Post
Guys,

The chart below, ( Credit Steven Van Metre,) shows the historical correlation between energy prices, the housing market & the economy as a whole. The red line being energy prices. The blue line housing prices. The grey areas when recessions occurred.

if you look closely, you’ll see that every time energy prices spiked, it had a negative impact on housing prices & the economy….

This, combined with the highest inflation report in 31 years, compels me to recommend a “re-allocation” of portfolios now.

HD
No, you don't see that. You are just cherry picking that chart.
Plenty of "spikes" in energy prices with no recession. Yet you just pick up the ones that support your agenda.

2001 recession is after the spike.
Why no recession in 2006?
Why no recession in 2012?
Why no recession in 2017?

And if you are trying to draw a line between housing prices and energy prices, what happened in 1997?

You heard about this from a talking head on Youtube, didn't you?
Old 11-28-2021, 01:29 AM
Not a real airline pilot

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: Cargo > Pax

Originally Posted by Hawkerdriver1 View Post
Guys,

The chart below, ( Credit Steven Van Metre,) shows the historical correlation between energy prices, the housing market & the economy as a whole. The red line being energy prices. The blue line housing prices. The grey areas when recessions occurred.

if you look closely, you’ll see that every time energy prices spiked, it had a negative impact on housing prices & the economy….

This, combined with the highest inflation report in 31 years, compels me to recommend a “re-allocation” of portfolios now.

HD

What is your current allocation? What changes will you make based on inflation?