Search
Notices

UPS 2022 Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 09:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2022
Default Interview Docs

Any inputs on how to submit documents for an interview. If they are still doing Zoom do you send a PDF via e-mail or share your screen? Trying to figure out what to get ready if I am lucky enough to get an interview.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017

When you get your invite to interview they will send you a list of what you need to submit within 2 days of your interview date.

What to expect for logbooks:
  • Electronic Logbooks: Export the Logbook to pdf and submit.
  • Hardcopy Logbooks – please scan requested pages to pdf. Below is a guide of the documentation the technical interviewers would like to see.

Individual pages and/or reporting should include the following
  • First and Last Pages including most recent flight
  • First and Last Flight with each Employer
  • Certifications, Ratings including all Check Rides and Line Checks
Old 06-14-2022, 02:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by GoodRide View Post
When you get your invite to interview they will send you a list of what you need to submit within 2 days of your interview date.

What to expect for logbooks:
  • Electronic Logbooks: Export the Logbook to pdf and submit.
  • Hardcopy Logbooks – please scan requested pages to pdf. Below is a guide of the documentation the technical interviewers would like to see.

Individual pages and/or reporting should include the following
  • First and Last Pages including most recent flight
  • First and Last Flight with each Employer
  • Certifications, Ratings including all Check Rides and Line Checks
For someone who is newly employed in a 121 carrier, I haven’t been able to track down documentation of a line check. I went through IOE, dude said I’m good to go. Is that something that you’ve got to request?
Old 06-14-2022, 03:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

I did the zoomerview about two years ago, so this may have changed, but I was not asked for any documentation of line checks. Just my logbooks, which only came up obliquely when I was asked about certain flights. Not in a "gotcha" sense, the interviewer just used a couple of examples from my logbook to ask me about the type of flying we did, etc. My sense was it was just a springboard for a conversation. As always, YMMV, etc etc.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by CardboardCutout View Post
I did the zoomerview about two years ago, so this may have changed, but I was not asked for any documentation of line checks. Just my logbooks, which only came up obliquely when I was asked about certain flights. Not in a "gotcha" sense, the interviewer just used a couple of examples from my logbook to ask me about the type of flying we did, etc. My sense was it was just a springboard for a conversation. As always, YMMV, etc etc.
Many thanks amigo.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:09 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Dummi View Post
For someone who is newly employed in a 121 carrier, I haven’t been able to track down documentation of a line check. I went through IOE, dude said I’m good to go. Is that something that you’ve got to request?
You do not need to provide official documentation of your line checks, that is what your PRIA is for. In my case, since I have made a habit throughout my career to denote my line checks and simulator events in my logbook along with any check rides etc for my interview I made a short PDF summary in Excel with that information. I kept the format extremely simple and clean; date, event purpose, result, page reference etc and added it as a rider to the 2nd page of the PDF logbook behind the cover page that my LogTen spit out. My PDF was 185 pages, and I’m sure many have logbooks that are far larger than mine. If they hadn’t asked for it I would have still made something like it especially since it was over zoom and I wasn’t there to provide a tabbed logbook. It shows you’re a organized, or you make an effort to be.

My recommendation is to track down the dates with your training department to be as accurate as possible but if you don’t have them make your best guess and denote that it’s approximate.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:35 PM
Line Holder

And to echo above, the logbook may have been scrutinized at some point offline but it wasn’t discussed directly in my interview.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Has anyone that had a resume review last week receive a Hogan invite, yet?
Old 06-16-2022, 07:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: DCH-7, both

Originally Posted by Prefontaine View Post
Does anyone know of a list of Job Fairs that UPS is attending in 2022? I'm attending TPNx later this month, but UPS is currently listed as "unconfirmed." Didn't see them listed for PAPA either (Vegas). Just trying to plan for the future, thanks.
Here you go. They will be t the RTAG convention in Fort Worth this October. Open to all, mil and vets free, all others are $25, I believe. Register online at: https://www.rtag.org/events/rtag-annual-convention-dfw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
UPS.jpg (115.0 KB, 574 views)
Old 06-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: B737 FO

I know this is off topic but since I've still got a newish account it won't let me post new threads:

I'm in training at a regional right now, end goal would be to end up at UPS in the future. Out of curiosity, how junior does a spot on the 747 go? Do guys get it after being at brown for 5-10 years or does it depend on experience, type rating, etc.

Thanks! Flying 747s at UPS is a dream of mine I hope to one day have!