Notices

Atlas vs Netjets

Old 11-22-2021, 07:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Default Atlas vs Netjets

Have offer from both. I know it's different flying (cargo vs rich people) but from QOL perspective etc. which one would you choose?
Old 11-22-2021, 07:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

I know Atlas has those split lines so you don't have to be gone 16 days in a stretch, but can those be had reliably without sacrificing anything else? That's really the only thing that'd bug me about Atlas - doing a stretch of 7 at NetJets would be long enough.

I've gotten to the age where equipment and 'quality' of the clientele doesn't matter anymore. Days off and pay, *****es!
Old 11-22-2021, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by biigD View Post
I know Atlas has those split lines so you don't have to be gone 16 days in a stretch, but can those be had reliably without sacrificing anything else? That's really the only thing that'd bug me about Atlas - doing a stretch of 7 at NetJets would be long enough.

I've gotten to the age where equipment and 'quality' of the clientele doesn't matter anymore. Days off and pay, *****es!
Actually 30-day (17 straight 13 off straight) is most sought after.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:52 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by biigD View Post

Here is a single data point. Apply all the usual caveats if you want.

My first line award as a brand new 747 FO was a 10 on-13 off-8 on-8 off-14 on-6 off 60 day schedule. First month guarantee is a bit over 100 hours, second month 145 hours of credit.
These 60 day lines seem to go junior, at least in ANC 747. This cadence in trips is perfect for me, and 145 hours credit is nice.

During the 10 on and 14 on I should have a chance to go home for a day or two if I want. There is also a chance things change so I'm not counting on it. Consider it an additional bonus if it happens. The augmented rest rules means every time you touch your base, you usually get a couple of days off.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Here is a single data point. Apply all the usual caveats if you want.

My first line award as a brand new 747 FO was a 10 on-13 off-8 on-8 off-14 on-6 off 60 day schedule. First month guarantee is a bit over 100 hours, second month 145 hours of credit.
These 60 day lines seem to go junior, at least in ANC 747. This cadence in trips is perfect for me, and 145 hours credit is nice.

During the 10 on and 14 on I should have a chance to go home for a day or two if I want. There is also a chance things change so I'm not counting on it. Consider it an additional bonus if it happens. The augmented rest rules means every time you touch your base, you usually get a couple of days off.
So do they buy you a ticket to get home during those couple of days or you're just stuck at the hotel for 2-3 days?
Old 11-22-2021, 09:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by MaCrOs View Post
So do they buy you a ticket to get home during those couple of days or you're just stuck at the hotel for 2-3 days?
Any time you touch base with Augmented rest, you can have them buy you a ticket home and back to base. You’ll lose CRT for it….
Old 11-22-2021, 09:30 AM
In a land of unicorns

Originally Posted by Swakid8 View Post
Any time you touch base with Augmented rest, you can have them buy you a ticket home and back to base. You’ll lose CRT for it….
In my case it has no pay implications because my guarantee is not based on rig.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dera View Post
In my case it has no pay implications because my guarantee is not based on rig.
I am not sure how that is gonna work with BLG now. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they ding someone BLG for going home on a paid ticket in the middle in the middle of Augmented rest…
Old 11-22-2021, 10:00 AM
In a land of unicorns

I am not sure how that is gonna work with BLG now. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they ding someone BLG for going home on a paid ticket in the middle in the middle of Augmented rest…
I don't think it will affect BLG at all. Before BLG it had an effect but I don't see anything in the contract that would allow it.
We shall see in a few months
Old 11-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

No, you don't lose CRT for getting a ticket back home, you do lose per diem though.