Cathy Pacific Pilots Revolting

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: https://www.businessinsider.com/cath...hluyT9qfXh-fGk

They are confined to hotel rooms during their 5 weeks on 2 weeks off schedule. No gym, eating out, etc. Pilots have been fired for violating the stay in the room rule. Also, last year the pilots got a large paycut. All those things combined are causing high attrition.

This isn't a joke; but if you're American or have a US green card, why not work here in the states? Isn't the US generally considered to be the best place to be a pilot? I'm asking honestly; I just don't know much about the overseas market.
Quote: This isn't a joke; but if you're American or have a US green card, why not work here in the states? Isn't the US generally considered to be the best place to be a pilot? I'm asking honestly; I just don't know much about the overseas market.
Some pilots (I know a Navy guy) were hired there when times were tough here.

Once vested in seniority/longevity, there's a natural tendency to stay... especially since CX has an LAX base (last I heard anyway).

But yeah, I'm sure many or most US CX pilots have come home in last five years.
Quote: This isn't a joke; but if you're American or have a US green card, why not work here in the states? Isn't the US generally considered to be the best place to be a pilot? I'm asking honestly; I just don't know much about the overseas market.
It ebbs and flows but there have been times over the last 20 odd years when being a pilot here in the US was not great. Right now, we’ve faired a lot better than the rest of the world and it’s better here than elsewhere. It’ll probably swing the other way at some point in the next 10-20.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to