Calling in sick more than 12 hours out.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Shouldn't have to be said but when you call in sick you should wait to do it less than 12 hours out. You really should do it as close to departure time as possible but that's another discussion.
Are you not on any of the Facebook groups?
I'll give you $5 if you post that on The Line.

An extra dollar if you tag TW!
The guy's a troll, but he's not wrong. I feel like legacy AA didn't think much about it, but it was definitely something known at legacy US. Burn the short call - the long call could very well be sitting at home.
Just for you I'll be sure to call in at least 12 hours before sign in next time.
Quote: The guy's a troll, but he's not wrong. I feel like legacy AA didn't think much about it, but it was definitely something known at legacy US. Burn the short call - the long call could very well be sitting at home.
How am I a troll, because I'm not one of those people that's ok with the status quo?
Yeah, less than 12 is ideal, more than 24 works too. It is a pain in the ass to get that call at 9 or 10 at night as a long call. I would like to see LC unassignable after DOTC. Basically, rather than a 12 hour call out, just make it a 1 calendar day call out, which is the intent of having LC.
Quote: Yeah, less than 12 is ideal, more than 24 works too. It is a pain in the ass to get that call at 9 or 10 at night as a long call. I would like to see LC unassignable after DOTC. Basically, rather than a 12 hour call out, just make it a 1 calendar day call out, which is the intent of having LC.
Especially if you're a commuter.
Sorry, but I cant buy the argument "screw the short call people". If you're on reserve, be in position to report if needed. I've sat in the crash pad on long call, because I knew I'd probably be getting called outside when I could make the commute, more than a few times.
Quote: Sorry, but I cant buy the argument "screw the short call people". If you're on reserve, be in position to report if needed. I've sat in the crash pad on long call, because I knew I'd probably be getting called outside when I could make the commute, more than a few times.
I stand by my solution of only assigning LC during DOTC. I’ve commuted to LC and SC. For SC I’m there and want to fly (which is another thing I’d like, is the ability for SC to ask to fly). For non commuters, SC are there and ready to fly as well. LC, I could always make it, but occasionally had to drive out to the airport ready to catch the last flight if I was number one in the queue just in case a last minute outside of DOTC popped up. Commute to sit in a crash pad on LC…no ****ing way I’d do that, rather just hold a line at that point.

And it’s not “screw the SC people”. The primary purpose of LC is to fill open trips that pilots haven’t picked up. The primary purpose of SC is last minute stuff like sick calls, time outs, pop up ferry flights, etc.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to