problem going to the next page

Subscribe
I sometimes get an issue of navigating to the next page. It gets stuck on the current page i am on.
I have seen this with threads that are somewhat larger.
As a couple of examples, the "Bye bye degree requirement!" is showing right now as 15 pages long. I am stuck on page 14 and cannot get to page 15.
Another example is "WSJ attacks 1500 hour rule causing pilot shortage", it is currently 21 pages long and i am stuck on page 19.
I have found 2 workarounds for this.
1. I can go to Thread Tools/Show printable version
2. View the thread on my cell phone.
Usually, that happens because there were a number of posts removed for a variety of reasons. They still take up space in the thread, but cannot be viewed except for moderators.
This work-around usually resolves that issue...

User CP => Edit Options => Scroll down to: Number of Posts to Show Per Page

Try a different setting for that... 40 posts per page (the max allowed) almost always solves the issue.
Why does this happen? I've encountered this in the past and never knew the workaround until seeing the reply from rickair7777 . Is there another way to resolve this? I like flipping through pages of ten posts a piece. (Not that 40 posts/page makes my life miserable. Just curious to know the root cause.)
Quote: Why does this happen? I've encountered this in the past and never knew the workaround until seeing the reply from rickair7777 . Is there another way to resolve this? I like flipping through pages of ten posts a piece. (Not that 40 posts/page makes my life miserable. Just curious to know the root cause.)
I agree, it seems to be vbulletin and browser dependent so hard to know the cause.