COVID and Flight Physical

Subscribe
Is there any other paperwork we need to fill out or bring to the flight physical if we’ve had COVID? My case was mild and I did not visit the doctors office or take any medication other than advil and vitamins. I haven’t noticed anything online, but I heard someone say they had to bring a doctor’s note and fill out some form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the latest guidance I've seen?

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...tionPolicy.pdf
Quote: Is there any other paperwork we need to fill out or bring to the flight physical if we’ve had COVID? My case was mild and I did not visit the doctors office or take any medication other than advil and vitamins. I haven’t noticed anything online, but I heard someone say they had to bring a doctor’s note and fill out some form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if I didn’t visit a doctor’s office for it, I wouldn’t mention it to the FAA. If your company paid you to be out on Covid, that’s different.
How is pay relevant to whether one had or did not have a viral infection, or whether one should report it. Where is FAA guidance indicating that one should only report it if one got paid?
Quote: How is pay relevant to whether one had or did not have a viral infection, or whether one should report it. Where is FAA guidance indicating that one should only report it if one got paid?
It merely is a record of illness that the FAA, theoretically, could use against you. I highly doubt the FAA will require any special hoops for those recovered from Covid. To do otherwise would overwhelm the bureaucracy.
What Droopy posted. Just got my medical a few months ago and the doctor just wanted to know if I had been admitted to the hospital and if there were any lingering symptoms. If the answer to both was No, he was able to issue on the spot.

I know a couple of pilots at my company who ended up in the hospital and have had to spend several months jumping through hoops to get their medical back.

Quote: This is the latest guidance I've seen?

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...tionPolicy.pdf
Quote: if I didn’t visit a doctor’s office for it, I wouldn’t mention it to the FAA. If your company paid you to be out on Covid, that’s different.
Yes, how would they know? It's not reportable in and of itself. Absolutely don't lie or omit anything you're required to tell them, but there's no reason to tell them anything you don't have to. It's not confessional.
Quote: https://childrenshealthdefense.org/w...ce.pdf#page=30
You’re in violation of:
Quote:
The information contained in this document is proprietary and confidential. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, or other dissemination of this information outside of Pfizer, its Affiliates, its Licensees, or Regulatory Agencies is strictly prohibited. Except as may be otherwise agreed to in writing, by accepting or reviewing these materials, you agree to hold such information in confidence and not to disclose it to others (except where required by applicable law), nor to use it for unauthorized purposes.
Went through hell getting my medical renewed thanks to COVID. My VA doc had me go to the ER when my oximeter indicated a really low O2 number combined with high fever. Of course I had COVID, but they sent me home 2 hours later as per the calibrated machines, my O2 levels were fine.

FAA wanted medical records, tests, and lots of paperwork proving I was healthy enough to still fly afterwards. Thankfully, the Doc (not my AME) was able to write a letter that said I was released from the Hospital shortly after they confirmed I wasn't about to die. She and I had spoken about 2 weeks later on the phone and since I had no more symptoms they never asked me to go back. So after getting her notes forwarded to the FAA, about 3 weeks later they finally approved my Medical.

Just make sure you tell them if you were seen for it (besides getting tested) and if you required follow up.