Calendar blockers

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to
Is there any justified reason to block calendars during contract negotiations? I’m just trying to figure out why.
Quote: Is there any justified reason to block calendars during contract negotiations? I’m just trying to figure out why.
No there isn't. The only legit reason I've heard, is someone blocking who's going through a divorce and monetary issues associated as such.
Quote: No there isn't. The only legit reason I've heard, is someone blocking who's going through a divorce and monetary issues associated as such.

You contradicted yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: Is there any justified reason to block calendars during contract negotiations? I’m just trying to figure out why.

No. Not a single good reason at any point regardless of negotiations. IMO.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then……..
Quote: No there isn't. The only legit reason I've heard, is someone blocking who's going through a divorce and monetary issues associated as such.

Even in a divorce case a judge can order all that information to be turned over by the corporation. Including work days and compensation.
I’ve flown with several stand-up folks who block their calendars. Don’t really get it, don’t really see a reason for it, I’m not one of them but it’s their prerogative. Live and let live.

I’m still a newb but I really think we’ve got an overwhelmingly good group here. I’d rather not focus our frustrations on our brothers and sisters.
I am not a blocker but after 10+ years here I have quit caring about blockers. In my own opinion it really is their choice and I respect that at this point. I've flown with a guy who said he blocks it simply because it irritates other FDX pilots. If we worry about their calendar then they have won. Plenty of unblocked calendars that are not being team players during negotiations.
777 Fleet Capt blocks his
I flew with one recently. Had a great time, I’d fly with him again any time. I didn’t ask about the calendar, none of my business. I assumed it was because of the divorce he was going thru. Either way… whatever, don’t care.
The fact that the calendar blocker is a good guy has nothing to do with the discussion point. We all know why most of them are blocking their calendars.

They don’t want you to know about their behavior. That they could care less about you and us getting a contract because they’re going to get theirs however they deem.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to