Oil’s up…

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Oils up further…
So what’s the answer? More govt subsidized windmills?? Maybe an electric vehicle, average cost $56K. While that’s being debated, I’ll continue to stoke the woodstove.
You don't have to spend 50k to own an electric car.

Low 20s will get you a Chevy Bolt with a new battery and around 230 miles of range.
Quote: You don't have to spend 50k to own an electric car.

Low 20s will get you a Chevy Bolt with a new battery and around 230 miles of range.
Nissan Leaf is upper 20's, low 30's. It does have the outdated CHAdeMO charging system which is why there's some good deals to be had. It'll be fine for an around town vehicle, but I'm not sure I'd want to take it on a highway trip.

I looked at VW ID.4's back in August. With the local electric rates I could get 250 miles range using $7.28 worth of electricity (78 kilowatt hours). But of course with the dealer markups I doubt you'll see an ID.4 for under $50K.
Laughs in electric.
Quote: Laughs in electric.
Your home is close to a nuclear power plant?
Quote: Your home is close to a nuclear power plant?
Solar.....
Quote: Solar.....
Your house is near the sun? Amazing. Mine was near a windmill. The air was very still, until I had my mother in law move in next door. The day she moved in they had to put a Governor on the wind turbine. It was spinning too fast.

Hey, I’ll be here all week. Be sure to catch my next show….
Quote: Your home is close to a nuclear power plant?
….yes. Just need to figure out a way to run an extension cord.

[/url[/url]]
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to