Search
Notices

Jet blue wants us now

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Meanwhile Southwest is adding SAT-OKC service.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:36 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by FNGFO View Post
Btw, B6 doing things to prevent F9/NK getting together isn’t free. I suspect they’ll be asked to foot the cancellation fee as a show of good faith at least.
No, but don’t think B6 number crunchers wouldn’t weigh a steep cancellation fee against potential lost revenue with a Sprontier merger.

It could all be a good faith proposal and eventual merger, I’m just not going to salivate over all you can eat blue potato chips just yet…
Old 04-06-2022, 09:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: Boeing 737 CA

Originally Posted by TOGALOCK View Post
If you really want to shake your head, go check out the F9/NK crew merger Facebook page that was taken over by flight attendants in its first five minutes of life. For the past month or so it’s been nothing but “oh my frontier family” this, “love my new family” that. Now it’s 90% NK FAs crapping on and making fun of F9 like their poop doesn’t stink.

This isn’t happening until spirit planes are being painted blue. NK has already agreed to be purchased by Indigo and there will be a hefty financial penalty that NK will have to pay F9 if they pull out. It’s already part of the agreed upon deal. As of right now NK is still being purchased by Indigo. JetBlue has simply come along and said, “Hey you should consider dropping that deal and going with us. Here’s why and here is what we will pay you.” Whether NK will take the deal or not is another story. For the sake of image with NK shareholders they have to at least act they are going to explore the deal and see if it’s in their best interest. It doesn’t mean they have any intention of actually taking it.

Talk is cheap. Believe it when it starts to happen and, right now, NK and F9 are still further along in the process than JB. At the moment, JB is nothing but a talking point. That’s not to say that there isn’t a chance this could happen, but many on the Spirit forums are acting like it’s a done deal and the F9 deal is dead. Like Therapysession said, don’t go buying blue shirts just yet.
I wonder what those NK flight attendants will think when they see the B6 inflight service. They’re actually going to have to work now.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by Mainline Mulier View Post
I wonder what those NK flight attendants will think when they see the B6 inflight service. They’re actually going to have to work now.
The B6 FA’s have a brutal change in clientele to deal with if this actually happens.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by therapysession View Post
You guys crack me up. Just the other day everyone was gung-ho on NK/F9 and being a mega ULCC. Now there's this talk of JetBlue and you're off to the races to wash that ULCC stank off. The only synergies that merger has is that you're both 8 and 9th in customer complaints out of 9. That's it....Don't forget who you are.... There is not one ounce of synergy....Indigo won't let it happen GUARANTEED, so don't go buying your blue shirt just yet. I love all the graphics though that are being posted.
not all of us, I’d much rather have an NK/F9 merger. JetBlues financials arent all that impressive either.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by FahQ2 View Post
No, but don’t think B6 number crunchers wouldn’t weigh a steep cancellation fee against potential lost revenue with a Sprontier merger.

It could all be a good faith proposal and eventual merger, I’m just not going to salivate over all you can eat blue potato chips just yet…
I’m not going to give much of a ****** either way until I have to vote on a JCBA, and not believe much until the plane at the jet bridge has new paint.

B6 might happily eat the cost of an Airbus to prevent Fearit from happening. I’ll grant that. But it won’t be a free move.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:26 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by FNGFO View Post
I’m not going to give much of a ****** either way until I have to vote on a JCBA, and not believe much until the plane at the jet bridge has new paint.

B6 might happily eat the cost of an Airbus to prevent Fearit from happening. I’ll grant that. But it won’t be a free move.
The paint job may be the first thing that happens, hell we would still have 319’s rocking the grey scale pixel livery it it wasn’t proprietary…. That’s of course depending on whether B6 can come up with enough cute names for all of our planes…. “This fellow used to be yellow”
Old 04-06-2022, 11:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by FahQ2 View Post
The paint job may be the first thing that happens, hell we would still have 319’s rocking the grey scale pixel livery it it wasn’t proprietary…. That’s of course depending on whether B6 can come up with enough cute names for all of our planes…. “This fellow used to be yellow”
“Yellow to Blue, who knew?”

“This yellow plane used to make money, now it ain’t so funny”

“These yellow pilots used to have a good QOL, now they are singing the blues”

“This yellow airplane now identifies as blue”
Old 04-06-2022, 11:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: Yes

Originally Posted by Chimpy View Post
not all of us, I’d much rather have an NK/F9 merger. JetBlues financials arent all that impressive either.

Probably because they pay pilots way more than the two current clown operations of NK and F9.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by povertyeagle View Post
Probably because they pay pilots way more than the two current clown operations of NK and F9.
yeah, I’m sure that’s it……