Notices

Jet blue wants us now

Old 04-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by FlippingCups View Post
Jetblue headquarters are in NYC, Mandates are coming for sure. Get plan B setup now if you can't take it.
Tons of hold outs at jetblue. No one has been fired or punished. They don’t support the mandates and are waiting for them to die in the courts.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: Boeing 737 CA

Originally Posted by FNGFO View Post
It might be, but a couple of those guys don’t sit on the board at NKS.
Do you know who is on JetBlues board of directors?

Ben Baldanza
Old 04-05-2022, 03:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Tons of hold outs at jetblue. No one has been fired or punished. They don’t support the mandates and are waiting for them to die in the courts.

Yep. Come join the pure bloods, we need a few more to solidify our position.

However, JB has recently removed all mentions of vaccines from the daily propaganda emails so I think it’s probably a dead issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2022, 04:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Mainline Mulier View Post
Do you know who is on JetBlues board of directors?

Ben Baldanza
Yeah. I saw. Honestly, airline C suites and boards are so incestuous that it would be surprising if someone’s somebody was related to any party in any M/A.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by jpso View Post
There's a connection between Franke, Biffle and Christie that makes me think the Spirit-Frontier thing is almost a done deal. I'm not sure if this connection exists with Robin Hayes.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass.

Money talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by JulesWinfield View Post
Maybe a hostile takeover, but sounds like they’re outbidding Frontier. JetBlue just gave up scope, so not happy about that.
We did NOT give up scope. That's not factual. We gave very limited relief to specific sections of scope, but the majority of the NEA was allowed under the current scope rules. By approving LOA 17, scope was protected from the arbitrator gutting it in his decision.

And at any rate, a joint collective bargaining agreement will need to be negotiated if the merger happens. All of that will be up for grabs, and can be regnegotiated.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:59 PM
Lives in Base

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by ProPilotBlue View Post
And at any rate, a joint collective bargaining agreement will need to be negotiated if the merger happens. All of that will be up for grabs, and can be regnegotiated.
What, if anything, changes between a merger and an acquisition?
Old 04-05-2022, 05:04 PM
Covfefe

We did NOT give up scope. That's not factual. We gave very limited relief to specific sections of scope, but the majority of the NEA was allowed under the current scope rules. By approving LOA 17, scope was protected from the arbitrator gutting it in his decision.

10 years of giving complete JV relief for 100% of the NEA/MGIA, to the largest carrier in the world, in which RJs can fly B6 code and in which that revenue is shared with jetblue, and in which international is largely given away. It’s not that narrow, and a decade isn’t that temporary. A JV using CPA/FFD/WO’d RJs that share revenue is a 10 year bypass around the jetblue express exclusion in section 1. But if Chris Kenney says it is narrow, limited, and temporary enough times, I guess 60% of the pilots will believe it lol
Old 04-05-2022, 05:07 PM
Covfefe

All of it is up for grabs in section 6 anyway. But do you really think we’d be able to claw any of it back in negotiations when it just passed? Hell no. Once it’s gone, it’s gone. No way that “temporary”relief goes away with a JCBA. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the company go for even more scope erosion now that they know how cheap it is for them. B6 pilots only hope to “get it back” is that the DOJ kills the NEA either on its own or due to the proposed NK merger.