Anybody taking Testosterone?

Notices
Pilot Health FAA medical; health topics

Anybody taking Testosterone?

Old 05-04-2022, 05:34 AM
Moms Basement

Joined APC: Apr 2022
Default Anybody taking Testosterone?

Anyone taking testosterone supplements and seen an increase in energy from it? I'm tired a lot and lethargic even with a good nights sleep. Been losing some weight and trying to eat better but still feel like I could use a "boost". Couple of ones on the internet/Youtube with good marketing but not sure if it's worth trying.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:04 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022
Position: F-16 Flight Simulator

I had cancer in 2014 and let's just say that lefty died and was removed. I was 34

My body decided to quit producing testosterone naturally around the time I turned 40. I now give myself shots every two weeks to get my numbers where they belong. I highly encourage you speak to your doctor and have your levels checked. It made a huge difference when my numbers got back in line to where they should be for a 40 yr old male, vs where I was.

Side effects, on injection days I get a knot at the injection site that stings for about 2-3 days. There are other options if you don't think you can poke your own legs. The gel you rub on your shoulders was not pleasant and a bad idea if there are any ladies in your household. (Last thing you want is to give your wife and daughters is testosterone unless you want to have bearded ladies in your home)
Old 05-04-2022, 08:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Default Anybody taking Testosterone?

Originally Posted by Fat Old Tired View Post
Anyone taking testosterone supplements and seen an increase in energy from it? I'm tired a lot and lethargic even with a good nights sleep. Been losing some weight and trying to eat better but still feel like I could use a "boost". Couple of ones on the internet/Youtube with good marketing but not sure if it's worth trying.

I don’t take any supplements yet. Have you considered the testosterone shot? I didn’t get one yet. My testosterone dropped as well about two years ago. I lost 25 lbs and with my next blood test it nearly doubled. Doc says my weight loss and intense workouts raised my testosterone.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022

User name checks out
Old 05-04-2022, 12:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

do you eat a lot of carbs? They are well known to screw with your hormones and manifest themselves negatively. If you haven’t tried a low carb diet yet, I’d start there.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Moms Basement

Originally Posted by Learflyer2 View Post
I don’t take any supplements yet. Have you considered the testosterone shot? I didn’t get one yet. My testosterone dropped as well about two years ago. I lost 25 lbs and with my next blood test it nearly doubled. Doc says my weight loss and intense workouts raised my testosterone.
I'll ask my doc about the shot. hopefully insurance covers it.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:58 PM
Moms Basement

Originally Posted by bababouey View Post
do you eat a lot of carbs? They are well known to screw with your hormones and manifest themselves negatively. If you haven’t tried a low carb diet yet, I’d start there.
I eat way too many carbs. Sandwiches, popcorn, and I have a sweet tooth for some chocolate and cheesecake. I know, not good.

But I eat good meat and chicken and vegetables too and am trying to eat less. Maybe it's my diet that causes me to feel this way.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

I eat way too many carbs. Sandwiches, popcorn, and I have a sweet tooth for some chocolate and cheesecake. I know, not good.

But I eat good meat and chicken and vegetables too and am trying to eat less. Maybe it's my diet that causes me to feel this way.
It’s again. We start to naturally lose it in our 30’s so what’s happening to you is totally normal even if it does suck.

I’ve been using supplement capsules for a few years now but don’t really know if they help. Sorry I can’t be more informative.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:50 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by Round Luggage View Post
User name checks out
Lmao

///
Old 05-04-2022, 04:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Yes

Get the cream. Keeps a steady level of T. But until you cut the junk from your diet you'll still feel like crap. Cut the carbs man.