Notices
SkyWest Regional Airline

CRJ IOE wait time

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 11:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
Are there even any LCAs left to do IOE? All the ones I know are gone/ leaving this month.
Last I’ve heard they’ve checked out some more LCAs. But, I’ve also read on here that an FO had multiple trips with different LCAs they weren’t even utilizing for IOE for some odd reason. It’s getting pretty frustrating at this point with all of the conflicting information
Old 05-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2020

Originally Posted by FlyGuy99 View Post
Last I’ve heard they’ve checked out some more LCAs. But, I’ve also read on here that an FO had multiple trips with different LCAs they weren’t even utilizing for IOE for some odd reason. It’s getting pretty frustrating at this point with all of the conflicting information
The guys I have met who are new in the LCA program seem to be stuck waiting for their checks by the feds still. I suspect it will be a couple more months before we see any meaningful positive movement
Old 05-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Originally Posted by PorkyMcFuzz View Post
The guys I have met who are new in the LCA program seem to be stuck waiting for their checks by the feds still. I suspect it will be a couple more months before we see any meaningful positive movement
My APD had said that a major choke point was the FAA’s lack of staffing which makes sense. I have a feeling that’s contributing to delays I imagine
Old 05-07-2022, 12:57 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by PorkyMcFuzz View Post
I just hope it’s before the end of the year
Old 05-07-2022, 01:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

I just hope it’s before the end of the year
One can hope lol. Otherwise we’re all in this weird purgatory of paid vacation lmao
Old 05-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: RJ Captain

You guys need to keep in mind that one of the big issues here is that there are a bunch First Officers that want to upgrade but don't have their 1000 hours yet. If they keep getting displaced for new hires it doesn't help the situation and only makes things worse. The priority needs to be getting the pilots close to 1000 over that number. We've got pilots that are nearly half-way up the seniority list that don't have the time yet.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:36 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Utah View Post
You guys need to keep in mind that one of the big issues here is that there are a bunch First Officers that want to upgrade but don't have their 1000 hours yet. If they keep getting displaced for new hires it doesn't help the situation and only makes things worse. The priority needs to be getting the pilots close to 1000 over that number. We've got pilots that are nearly half-way up the seniority list that don't have the time yet.
While that is all true, I just don’t think that pushing a lot of new hires through training and having them sit out 4-6 months while paying them is very cost effective for the company, and that’s not including the sim time we’ll need for requalification and all of the accommodations that come with that.

I don’t mind getting paid to sit around and do nothing, but I’m not sure it’s doing much to help. I feel maybe putting a couple FOs on IOE every other week would balance it out a bit if the LCA staffing becomes sufficient
Old 05-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

While that is all true, I just don’t think that pushing a lot of new hires through training and having them sit out 4-6 months while paying them is very cost effective for the company, and that’s not including the sim time we’ll need for requalification and all of the accommodations that come with that.

I don’t mind getting paid to sit around and do nothing, but I’m not sure it’s doing much to help. I feel maybe putting a couple FOs on IOE every other week would balance it out a bit if the LCA staffing becomes sufficient
As soon as they see their new hires resigning in training while starting class at another carrier that can push them thru, non-stop, then they will address it. Problem is there are very few carriers than can push the new hires right thru. Endeavor, Republic, and maybe Envoy.

There is always the stigma of having that “resigned while in training” on your record, but all HR Reps know and understand the delays are real and you are trying to progress your career as quickly as possible.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:51 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by CFIsoonToBeFO View Post
As soon as they see their new hires resigning in training while starting class at another carrier that can push them thru, non-stop, then they will address it. Problem is there are very few carriers than can push the new hires right thru. Endeavor, Republic, and maybe Envoy.

There is always the stigma of having that “resigned while in training” on your record, but all HR Reps know and understand the delays are real and you are trying to progress your career as quickly as possible.
This is already happening now. I know of a few with CJOs at other carriers, I’m sure there are others
Old 05-07-2022, 02:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

This is already happening now. I know of a few with CJOs at other carriers, I’m sure there are others
I don’t blame the new hire one bit. Dragging training out costs them millions down the roads and hundreds to thousands in seniority numbers.