How long to hear back after MTC?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Hey folks, first time starting a thread here, so go easy on me.. I attended MTC in LAS on the 22nd of April, and it went extremely well. My recommendation was actually at the event doing interviews, but I did the in person interview with another recruiter, who I had a great chat with and got marked down as a “yes” on the form. Afterwards, I stayed around and talked to Mr. Christensen and a couple other chiefs. It went well. However, it’s been three weeks, and I’ve seen/heard of others getting the outmatch and interview invites while I have received nothing so far. I’ve been checking all my email folders multiple times a day, too. I really want to work for Frontier, and honestly it is the only airline that matches what I want in an airline and would plan on retiring there if hired. Is it too early to give up hope or am I SOL here? I’m from a 135 background, but from what I’ve seen that isn’t a hinderance to others who have applied. Thanks for any direction you folks can give me in this matter.
Quote: Hey folks, first time starting a thread here, so go easy on me.. I attended MTC in LAS on the 22nd of April, and it went extremely well. My recommendation was actually at the event doing interviews, but I did the in person interview with another recruiter, who I had a great chat with and got marked down as a “yes” on the form. Afterwards, I stayed around and talked to Mr. Christensen and a couple other chiefs. It went well. However, it’s been three weeks, and I’ve seen/heard of others getting the outmatch and interview invites while I have received nothing so far. I’ve been checking all my email folders multiple times a day, too. I really want to work for Frontier, and honestly it is the only airline that matches what I want in an airline and would plan on retiring there if hired. Is it too early to give up hope or am I SOL here? I’m from a 135 background, but from what I’ve seen that isn’t a hinderance to others who have applied. Thanks for any direction you folks can give me in this matter.
Way too early to give up hope. No one here really knows how they rank who gets the call first. On top of that, the HR side of our recruiting team is very small, and they're the ones that process most of this kind of stuff, with help from the Chief Pilot's office who are always slammed themselves, so it's not uncommon to have a wait. It sucks, but don't lose heart just yet. We have many pilots at Frontier that only had 135 experience prior to getting hired here. Our primary emphasis is on who you are as a person, not what rules you operated under in your last gig.
Quote: Way too early to give up hope. No one here really knows how they rank who gets the call first. On top of that, the HR side of our recruiting team is very small, and they're the ones that process most of this kind of stuff, with help from the Chief Pilot's office who are always slammed themselves, so it's not uncommon to have a wait. It sucks, but don't lose heart just yet. We have many pilots at Frontier that only had 135 experience prior to getting hired here. Our primary emphasis is on who you are as a person, not what rules you operated under in your last gig.
I appreciate your response! That definitely helps me relax a little. Hopefully I’ll see you on the line at frontier in the near future
Reach out to your internal referral and see if they would follow up
Definitely reach out. I was at that MTC and just got my CJO.
Some corlorate guys in the groul got CJOs as well. You should be fine!
Quote: Reach out to your internal referral and see if they would follow up
Quote: Definitely reach out. I was at that MTC and just got my CJO.
Some corlorate guys in the groul got CJOs as well. You should be fine!

I just asked him, he said he would look into it tomorrow. I'm hoping this works. Congrats on your CJO, Subie
Took me 2 months after meet the chiefs to get the outmatch. I had already given up on them and got another job, then it just popped up in my inbox one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Took me 2 months after meet the chiefs to get the outmatch. I had already given up on them and got another job, then it just popped up in my inbox one day.

Oh how times have changed...
Quote: Oh how times have changed...

Didn’t mean for it to come out like that. F9 was number 1 on my list. After MTC they told me to expect an email or call within the next few days and unfortunately it took over 2 months. So while everyone else I knew at the meet and greet was getting the outmatch assessment, I thought I was out. Just a slow process for some I guess. If you really want F9, I would hang in there and wait it out.

Quote: Didn’t mean for it to come out like that. F9 was number 1 on my list. After MTC they told me to expect an email or call within the next few days and unfortunately it took over 2 months. So while everyone else I knew at the meet and greet was getting the outmatch assessment, I thought I was out. Just a slow process for some I guess. If you really want F9, I would hang in there and wait it out.

I didn't mean it like that, glad you got a new job. It's just crazy how things have changed in the pilot's favor.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to