Retirement age 67

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 40
Go to
We have recently learned that legislation could be introduced to increase the mandatory retirement age from 65 to 67, or possibly 68. The SWAPA Government Affairs Committee (GAC) is closely monitoring the issue and working with our industry partners to determine the road ahead. This has occurred rather rapidly, and we expect to see the legislation at any time.

ugh!
Either raise it or give me full SS benefits at 65…….
Just read the email and shaking my head. It’s like the Lost Decade fairy keeps following me around.
Quote: Just read the email and shaking my head. It’s like the Lost Decade fairy keeps following me around.
You and me both buddy. Been an FO since 1996… what’s a few more years? 😔

On the up side, I will probably get some free bbq out of the deal.
Quote: We have recently learned that legislation could be introduced to increase the mandatory retirement age from 65 to 67, or possibly 68. The SWAPA Government Affairs Committee (GAC) is closely monitoring the issue and working with our industry partners to determine the road ahead. This has occurred rather rapidly, and we expect to see the legislation at any time.

ugh!
MAYBE, they will learn from the mistakes of the past and (if it has to be raised) phase it in, like 66 for two years, 67 for two years, 68 for two years etc so that we don't "shock-stall" the pilot creation system and no one age of pilots enjoy the full three years of added seniority.
Unreal. What a joke.
You know that SWA will have captains jumping for joy about this one. The recruiters are going to have an even tougher time now.

I hope it doesn’t come to fruition. Extending the age is a bandaid. If they let the shortage play out, the market will eventually correct itself.
evidence? details? reports? where is this?
Great. More babysitting.
Quote: evidence? details? reports? where is this?
SWAPA just sent out an email to membership. Our GAC just unearthed it.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 40
Go to