Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 10:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain
Default Type ratings

The current type ratings table can be found here:

Https://registry.faa.gov/typeratings...ting_table.pdf

you then need to compare the actual type certificate involved to clarify what's included, and sorry to say that marketing name gimmicks often don't appear anywhere. Here is the link to look up the TCDS:

https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...meset?OpenPage
Old 05-22-2022, 10:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
I should have written more clearly. Most of my time is airline and my brain has turned to mush after staring at clouds for 35 yrs.

I've got 8 types, so I understand that a different type requires training. My question was more about which airframes are covered by a Citation Bravo Type Rating? Where along the Citation line does it stop? ie, Does a Citation Encore fly under a "Bravo Type"? I have heard conflicting information from guys, so I am looking for clarification. And since I don't know a Citation Soverign from a Citation Mustang....I ask stupid questions.

I was initially told that my boss would not pay for training unless I agreed to FT work. FT work was not an option I was interested in. Yet, later on, they sent me anyway even though I had only agreed to PT work. So, this is why I was grateful. I'll never buy a type.
There is no such thing as a "Bravo type". Your license says CE500. The CE500 covers the Citation 500, I, I/SP, II, II/SP, V, Ultra, Encore, and Bravo.

The FAA doesn't require any kind of differences training. The insurance company may have other ideas though.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Pilot4000 View Post
There is no such thing as a "Bravo type". Your license says CE500. The CE500 covers the Citation 500, I, I/SP, II, II/SP, V, Ultra, Encore, and Bravo.

The FAA doesn't require any kind of differences training. The insurance company may have other ideas though.
I’ll wager the FAA counters your statement. You may wish to consult the FAA’s FSB report regarding the CE-500 and differences training requirements.