Regionals getting desperate…

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Quote: A lot of fine prints. I.e no 121 failures in past 5 years. So if you fail your recurrent in the 4th year, or captain upgrade, you're screwed.
Do you believe training failures should have no consequences? That passes should be handed out regardless of whether you demonstrate the ability to perform? Like participation trophies?

Quote: Do you believe training failures should have no consequences? That passes should be handed out regardless of whether you demonstrate the ability to perform? Like participation trophies?

Do you realize there are 121 outfits out there failing people so they can't leave?
Quote: A lot of fine prints. I.e no 121 failures in past 5 years. So if you fail your recurrent in the 4th year, or captain upgrade, you're screwed.
Yep the fine print is what most gloss over in these “guaranteed” mainline pathways. Sure it’s nice to have no question there, but as it stands right now, it’s not hard to be taken out of the program for things like failures and poor reliability etc…personally know a couple folk who are no longer eligible due to the above, not that it will likely stop them being hired elsewhere outside of the program right now.
Quote: Do you realize there are 121 outfits out there failing people so they can't leave?
Not suggesting that you go work for outfits that abuse you, but truly, that’s a different subject altogether, but do you think it is unreasonable that someone with 2000 hrs in type be looked at askance if they can’t pass recurrent? This isn’t a game guy. It’s real life.

Who do you want performing your surgery, the doctor who passed his board certification in surgery? Or the one who is board certified in Psychiatry?

If some homicidal maniac takes over your kids school, who do you want trying to stop him? An E-4 Marine Recon guy with a K-Bar, or the Uvalde cops? There OUGHT to be penalties for occupational incompetence.
Quote: Yep the fine print is what most gloss over in these “guaranteed” mainline pathways. Sure it’s nice to have no question there, but as it stands right now, it’s not hard to be taken out of the program for things like failures and poor reliability etc…personally know a couple folk who are no longer eligible due to the above, not that it will likely stop them being hired elsewhere outside of the program right now.

Again, if they aren’t competent they ought to lose out. Failures and poor reliability SHOULD have consequences.

If this is being done unfairly or maliciously, have the balls to name names. Publicly here where it will warn others, or at the very least in complaints to the FAA. If you do have organizations corrupting their own training programs that is as much a safety issue as Boeing improperly certifying their own aircraft.

If you have legitimate knowledge of that happening, do something about it, don’t just whine about it.
Quote: Again, if they aren’t competent they ought to lose out. Failures and poor reliability SHOULD have consequences.

If this is being done unfairly or maliciously, have the balls to name names. Publicly here where it will warn others, or at the very least in complaints to the FAA. If you do have organizations corrupting their own training programs that is as much a safety issue as Boeing improperly certifying their own aircraft.

If you have legitimate knowledge of that happening, do something about it, don’t just whine about it.
I see you're point but from day one on APC the attitude is own any failures regardless of the cause. Anything else will be branded making excuses. I can't begin to guess how anything nefarious can be proven short of a bunch of neutral witnesses or some type of electronic evidence.
Quote: I see you're point but from day one on APC the attitude is own any failures regardless of the cause. Anything else will be branded making excuses. I can't begin to guess how anything nefarious can be proven short of a bunch of neutral witnesses or some type of electronic evidence.
Exactly this. I feel like I've been treated unfairly during a airline checkride... But I have no way to prove it.
Quote: Exactly this. I feel like I've been treated unfairly during a airline checkride... But I have no way to prove it.

Given that I doubt your actual name is “PUNK” (unless your folks had a real weird sense of humor) you can anonymously post it here giving a description of just what happened and where it occurred. If indeed this was a pattern of intentional failing as you allege, then there must no doubt be others who can validate your assertions. While nothing may undo what you allege happened to you, your story and confirmation by other posters could sure serve as a warning to others.

But saying you “feel like” you’ve been treated unfairly with no more data than that does not distinguish you from someone whining that they were absent on the day the participation trophies were handed out.

If you have a case, make it. If you don’t, don’t whine about it.
It’s entirely possible to get hired by a Legacy with multiple 121 failures. You are going to have to discuss it at the interview…..and you’d better have a good story about what YOU learned from it. Not how you are treated unfairly…..but what you gained from the situation. I know somebody very close to me who got hired at the Big 3 with two training failures AND a DUI. I know somebody else who got hired at the Big 3 with a drug-related felony. You have to be able to show your growth….and why you are a great candidate now. Sometimes…..it’s not about explaining things DESPITE the negatives……occasionally, it’s about explaining why you are better BECAUSE of the negatives.
Quote:

Given that I doubt your actual name is “PUNK” (unless your folks had a real weird sense of humor) you can anonymously post it here giving a description of just what happened and where it occurred. If indeed this was a pattern of intentional failing as you allege, then there must no doubt be others who can validate your assertions. While nothing may undo what you allege happened to you, your story and confirmation by other posters could sure serve as a warning to others.

But saying you “feel like” you’ve been treated unfairly with no more data than that does not distinguish you from someone whining that they were absent on the day the participation trophies were handed out.

If you have a case, make it. If you don’t, don’t whine about it.
I remember back in the day when I was a CFI, I was forced to send two of my CFI initial candidates with this one guy, He failed them both and when he landed he told them to pay him another 400$ each and they would just go straight back up and finish up. This was even before he had even debriefed me and told me what I needed to retrain them on. I can probably list 100s of similar stories about the same examiner and other ones during the 7 years I was teaching in south florida.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to